Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please login to view user info
    interesting thread Garry was their anything similar for the Fleiger HJ? Roger

Do you mean with the Flieger-HJ uniform Roger?

Hi Garry yes I wondered if their was a cap to go with my shirt.regards Roger

Is your shirt on the forum somewhere Roger?

It was on the old forum don't think I've put it on here,but I will check and if not I will do.Regards Roger

I am wandering if these HJ marine overseas caps are any different than the Kreigsmarine female overseas caps with the same yellow piping ( that is besides the obvious insignias on the caps) ?

Quote Originally Posted by RMR View Post
    interesting thread Garry was their anything similar for the Fleiger HJ? Roger
    More info here Roger:

https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f10...-774/#post6212

Maybe this will help. Looks like marinehelfers to me in the photos.

Standard blue cord for a marinehelfer.

However, the cap at the top has the HJ triangle and none of the marinehelfers do, they have a cockade in its place. So not sure--with the HJ triangle, the cap is probably HJ and not helfer I think.

In any case, I think the Hermann Historica description might be wrong due to the triangle and the evidence of the photos with marinehelfer. According to Angolia, page 300, Vol 1 on the HJ:

"Blue field cap: a dark navy blue field cap with HJ insignia on the front of the turn-up wa worn with the summer work uniform. The insginia could be either metal or cloth. Regulations dated 1944 specified that a gold cord would be added at the top edge of the turn-up. It was not unusual for the standard pattern navy bordmuetze with navy insignia be worn"

Well, he says the cockade could be worn, but in this case, looks like a Marine HJ cap to me and not a marinehelfer. Looks like you have a great cap!!!!
    Beitzen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by beitzen7; 5th October 2009 at 05:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12