Motor Hj black sidecap

Thanks Received
I got this Motor HJ sidecap in black, original and very beauty but with two (rare) additions, the silver cord around the cap (looks professional made) and a life rune on the side. Any opinions on this cap and specially the additions?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Great looking cap. I've seen this metal rune attached to shoulder straps for a Feldscher qualified H.J. boy in a photo. I've never seen it on a cap. Interesting.

I am just back from the travel and I have the cap in hands. It is quite impressive, but I need to inspect it on natural light. It is original for sure but the piping, the cord, looks more like light blue (similar to flieger HJ) than grey to me. The life rune has the RMZ number (m1/120) but not the simbol and the Hj badge is a cap badge type with the RZM. Can be this a period-time modified cap? Who knows, but it looks like a professional work!

THE HJ where very closely associated with the NSKK and it makes perfect sense some units modified the normal NSKK cap to suit their needs it seems to have happened more often with LUFWAFFE associated units. Have seen one other similar cap on a site but it sold quick. :canada1

Afterinspect it on natural light, the size and the UV test I thinkeverything on this one is period time; however these modificationsaren't on regulations: Piping is on flieger-hj blue and thelife-rune, even if do not have the RZM logo has his number (M1/120Wilhelm Deumer, Lüdenscheid) i believe it is period one. The diamondis marked RZM M1/42 and has his right logo ( Kerbach & Israel,Dresden) and it is like the one used on visor caps.
Mysuposition is: This cap was used for a doctor, dentist or pharmacistfrom the HJ - light blue piping- who wanted to have a different sidecap, instead of use an flieger HJ one. That is what I think,however this is a suposition mine and may be it is somethingelse.
By the way the cap has his beauty RZM tag marked 742 and it is quite big size (58). I think it is a really wonderful cap and untouched cap.

hello Albrecht,
for many years ogo i saw a pair of straps for hj-doctor with the same metal life runes instead of the embroide ones.
bertl

Hello Bertl

Thats great to know!! I had benn looking around internet and didn't found any other example of this metal life runes.
When I saw that cap I wasn't sure if it could be this a mix of pieces withouth sense, but the price was ok for this motor-hj cap so I went for it. Now what I have it in hands I am very very happy as I think I got a good piece with good looking, even if it isn't in regulations!

The M1/42 insignia is fake in that issue?

Hallo, i have the same insignia , but NOT sure of originality ?

Attachments

hello Albrecht,
for many years ogo i saw a pair of straps for hj-doctor with the same metal life runes instead of the embroide ones.
bertl

I recall Joe having a set of straps with metal insignia attached like that. Not blue background for an adult but more of a lower level cadre rank for a boy if memory serves me correctly.

Back