New Hitler Youth winter cap

Thanks Received
My new HJ Wintermütze. No RZM label (only rest of the stiching) but with marked front buckle (RZM M5 xxx).

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Attachments

Nice well worn Rzm regulation wintermutze .

Now that the autum is upon us, it will be time for all of us to ensure we have good covering.
I wonder, for the sake of being in uniform, was there a particular date for changing into winter uniforms or was this left up to each individual's mother? :001_smile:

Winter uniform was worn from the 15th of October until the 14th of April. The exact date of the changeover could be moved slightly forward or back depending on the prevailing weather.

Winter uniform was worn from the 15th of October until the 14th of April. The exact date of the changeover could be moved slightly forward or back depending on the prevailing weather.

This is a good piece of information, Garry.
15th October could be late if you were up in the Erzgebirge - I remember having to wrap up well there one September. Mind you, that was on a jaunt to Fichtelberg.

Nice hat! Mine too lost the RZM label (I suspect it was glued) but nevertheless it's a beautiful regulation winter mütze :thumbup1:

Back