Oberbann 2 HJ-Dienstmütze (visor cap) original?

mkholst

Thanks Received
What is your opinion about this cap, original ?.

The cap eagle is the type of early Heer, I have seen it at least one time before on a HJ visor cap, but do not remember where. Was the early Heer eagle used by HJ ?

I think it is a leaders cap from about 1936 or 1938, what is the correct name of the cap ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

I hope that some of you guys can help me.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hello Michael,

your HJ Schirmmütze is an original item but I don't like the eagle that doesn't match at all with the rest. It is also unfortunate that the yellow piping is completely moth-eaten !.

Best regards

Eric

Oberbann 2 HJ-Dienstmütze (I amended the thread title) but this is the late 1934 version introduced on the first of September with black visor for the technical units (Motorsportscharen, Lufsportscharen, drivers). It has the wrong eagle as Eric and Wim have said.

I imagine that it was introduced because obviously that's the first part of a hat that will be ruined if you take it off and put it on with oily/greasy fingers :)

Hi Guys - TANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP - conclusion:

Original Oberbann 2 HJ dienstmütze - late 1934 - tecnical units - eagel was not used by HJ.

Michael

The eagle is an easy replacement ... 25 to 75 dollars , depending on who you buy it from .

Hi Vette69

The eagle is just called "Old style political eagle" and is used in other organisations than HJ - among them SA and SS.

I have enclosed a picture, not very sharp, but I think that you know the eagle when you se it

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Back