Please login to view user info

Opinions on Green Piping HJ Cap Please

Hi all
    I have the chance to buy this Green piping HJ visor but i want to be 100% certain before i buy it. I know its an early private purchsae cap but i want to be 100% sure its all good.
    Thanks alot
    Josh

Green piping is Landjahr,this visor cap is first pattern,with the brown chinstrap & brown cloth visor,which was forbidden for wear after 1937,when the second pattern visor was introduced with the black leather visor & black chinstrap,.i would wait for some more opinions but imo i think the cap is ok.any traces of an RZM tag present?

Si

Quote Originally Posted by wingman15 View Post
    Green piping is Landjahr,this visor cap is first pattern,with the brown chinstrap & brown cloth visor,which was forbidden for wear after 1937,when the second pattern visor was introduced with the black leather visor & black chinstrap,.i would wait for some more opinions but imo i think the cap is ok.any traces of an RZM tag present?

Si
    No I don't believe there is any traces of a RZM tag. With a private purchase cap do you get RZM tags inside?

To me the item looks like it has never been worn.
    No sings of age or wear on or under the leather sweat band.
    If this would be my first cap, I would have my doubts.
    But I am no expert on these caps. I just own half a dozen old hats.

Some hats were never worn. Better for collectors sometimes. Even if it may not show wear there is still a chance that it is real.

also for general HJ,.the green piping is for Oberbann 3,..RZM tags or RZM in general was just a pattern,or quality control,i think private purchase clothing was produced following RZM specifications,alot of caps you find with RZM tags have makermarks inside,& some may not have.

si

Hello Josh,

all parts of this HJ cap seems OK.
    However, I put forward some doubts about the authenticity of it.
    It is very difficult to give an opinion because the fakes are realized better and better.
    It would be prudent to have it on hand if you can of course.

Best regards

Eric

Yeah. RZM was introduced in 1934 but never seen til 1935. So it might just be a cap from Pre 35 or a private purchase.

As stated above, caution is needed. I am not entirely convinced by what I see.