Opinions On This Hitler Youth Cap Please

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Hi

I have had this cap in my collection for many years now and I wondered what you all thought about it? As you can see from the pictures the visor has been dyed black, I questioned this when I bought it.

The explanation given to me was, when the regulations changed and the HJ cap with the brown visor was replaced by the cap with the black one, some members dyed the visor to fall in line with the new regulations. I presume that this was until they got a new cap or if they had to buy a new cap and were short of funds it could be a way of saving money? Does this sound right?

As far as I can tell everything else seem's to be ok, I have UV light tested the stitching and its fine. I look forward to hearing what you all think.

steiner

Attachments

One more picture I could not get on the original post.

steiner

Attachments

The explanation given to me was, when the regulations changed and the HJ cap with the brown visor was replaced by the cap with the black one, some members dyed the visor to fall in line with the new regulations. I presume that this was until they got a new cap or if they had to buy a new cap and were short of funds it could be a way of saving money? Does this sound right?

As far as I can tell everything else seem's to be ok, I have UV light tested the stitching and its fine. I look forward to hearing what you all think.

steiner

This may be possible. I have HJ shoulder straps dyed black for a regulation change that I am sure was done in the period. Hopefully someone who is familiar with the headgear regulations can site where the visor color was changed. Headgear is not my strongest area, I'm sure others here with more knowledge and experience will comment.

In my opinion , there is nothing wrong with your cap . Regulations did say that all brown brimed visored caps had to be replaced with black brims . I dont have a referance in front of me with the exact date , but I will find it .

Same dyed visor :

Attachments

For me is a good one, just is painted. Maybe for adapt it to the regulations and do not buy new one

For me is a good one, just is painted. Maybe for adapt it to the regulations and do not buy new one. I think this change was done in 1937 if I am not wrong.

Back