Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Possible HJ cap

Hi,

I've had this cap for sometime. I'd like to know if it's real or some kind of fake.

Regards,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

The cap is a Flakhelfer cap. Looks okay to me, but headgear is not my strongest area of study. Let's see what others here think.

Hello John,
    this flakhelfer cap is ok for me too.
    Best regards
    Eric

Hi,
    Thanks for the help. How can you tell it's a Flakhelfer cap? Would this have belonged to a boy serving with a Luftwaffe or Army flakgun? I'm new to this forum, how do you get to be a forum supporter? Is it based on your number of posts?

Regards,
    John

Hello John,
    The Flakhelfers used these grey colored caps. They were a sort of auxilary force to the Luftwaffe called upon to serve on the homefront, manning anti aircraft guns and assisting the regular military forces that provided air defence against Allied air attacks.

To become a full forum member see this link here, and welcome to the forum.

https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f54...239/#post10108

Hi thanks. It would seem that I'm already a full member. How did you get the three Leistungsabzeichen under your screenname?

Quote Originally Posted by HJMunchen View Post
    Hi thanks. It would seem that I'm already a full member. How did you get the three Leistungsabzeichen under your screenname?
    Oh, I think these are leftover from the old days when some of the original members here donated funds to support the forum. I don't remember if Garry still uses these to recognize contributors or not.

Hi John,

The "Forum Supporter" and "Lifetime Member" badges denote those members who were among the first to join in 2009 and who very kindly supported the forum with varying levels of donations. The system is still in use if people wish to get a badge :)

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Edit: looks like we were typing at the same time Darin :)

Hi Garry, Gefolgschaft,

Thanks for the welcome. I now understand about the badges. I'm glad my cap appears to be the real deal. I hate getting taken on things.

John

Oh is the number 44 inside the cap, the year the cap was made? I know the 58 was the cap size.