A question about the HJ side cap emblem

Thanks Received
Hello All,

I'm keen to add a HJ Sommer-mutze to my collection but wanted to ask the forum about the cloth/embroidered HJ diamond which appears on some caps I've seen. Were the earlier caps plain without the emblem or was it an addition to later versions or the other way around and if so what year was it introduced/deleted. I've seen plain caps with the enamel badge on? Any advice gratefully received.

David

I am not a headgear collector but, that being said know a little about the caps. The side caps used several different emblems on them. Earlier visor type caps used the round membership type badge, and then used the diamond shaped enameled badge often in combination with the political style cloth eagle, and later caps used the cloth diamond shaped membership emblem. As far as exact dates and times the various insignia were used others here will have that information.

THE MOST COMMON TYPE AND CHEAPEST IS THE SUMMER CAP WITH THE SMALL CLOTH DIAMOND INSIG READILY AVAILABLE ON MANY DEALER SITES AND THE BEST ENTRY LEVEL CAP imo :canada1

Hello All,

I'm keen to add a HJ Sommer-mutze to my collection but wanted to ask the forum about the cloth/embroidered HJ diamond which appears on some caps I've seen. Were the earlier caps plain without the emblem or was it an addition to later versions or the other way around and if so what year was it introduced/deleted. I've seen plain caps with the enamel badge on? Any advice gratefully received.

David

Hi David,

More info on the summer cap/cloth diamond here (see posts 3 and 5): http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f6/cloth-eagle-hj-summer-cap-7576/

Back