"Teufelsmütze". Does anyone have any information about these caps?

Nice photo Garry... thanks for posting it, and thanks again to everyone for shedding some light on this seemingly rare article of clothing... I love it! :thumb:

like a lot of hj/bdm items they could be worn by anyone after 45 , also chances are when they where stopped wearing them they where just thrown out as they would not have been an expensive item at the time. i think i have only ever seen 2 for sale and then they where very expensive

like a lot of hj/bdm items they could be worn by anyone after 45 , also chances are when they where stopped wearing them they where just thrown out as they would not have been an expensive item at the time. i think i have only ever seen 2 for sale and then they where very expensive

i'll bet they were! wouldnt have minded a look at the one that was on ebay not long ago, i take it these babys would be like trying to find a bdm swimming cap with diamond to the front :frusty:

i got a swimming cap with a diamond on the front, its pretty ruined though lol, its differant to the one in angolias book though

Two additional photos

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

its just very tatty and thread bare its more a material than what modern caps are made of.
and theres lots i havent got especially now that i have sold so much over the past year, was looking through old pics om my stuff and cant believe the stuff i havent got anymore

its just very tatty and thread bare its more a material than what modern caps are made of.
and theres lots i havent got especially now that i have sold so much over the past year, was looking through old pics om my stuff and cant believe the stuff i havent got anymore

Ah ok mate, i am the same as yourself mate :( been fighting for my daughter past year and had a private lawyer, even with my folks helping me i had to let alot of stuff go aswell but i got my daughter every fortnight for the weekend, so i really dont care! :thumb:

Thanks for the additional photos Lauri... at least we have some very nice photographic evidence on the thread that these cute Mütze did exist! An interesting but almost forgotten piece of uniform that I will be keeping my eyes open for from now on! Cheers, Hansi :thumb:

i got a swimming cap with a diamond on the front, its pretty ruined though lol, its differant to the one in angolias book though

hi mate i havent got angolias books yet, was it like this? the site whare i borrowed this says they were a white rubber head cap with a black kercheif with a bevo hj diamond sewn on pulled over it and was to match the bathing suit which buttoned on one shoulder, were they all like this? would garry know?

cant think many of the flimsy black cloth with dimond on survived

Attachments

hi mate i havent got angolias books yet, was it like this? the site whare i borrowed this says they were a white rubber head cap with a black kercheif with a bevo hj diamond sewn on pulled over it and was to match the bathing suit which buttoned on one shoulder, were they all like this? would garry know?

cant think many of the flimsy black cloth with dimond on survived

would also think the diamond on the head of the girl above is way bigger that the arm ones?

See the Teufelsmütze at the front store of a local RZM supplier

Attachments

See the Teufelsmütze at the front store of a local RZM supplier

hi lauri i also have a photo on file when i seen it some years ago online i saved it,but its not as close up as yours although the bdm cap can be seen?

regards Ewan

note: its a different rzm display altogether but i think the young girl to the front has it on and the other bdm girl wears the beret?

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello Ewan. Probably but dificult to see. Is an interesting document:thumb:

Hi,
for information, this "Teufelmütze" was sold for € 240 in November 2007 on the following website: Auktionen — Auktionshaus Mehlis
Best Regards
Eric

Attachments

Hi,
for information, this "Teufelmütze" was sold for € 240 in November 2007 on the following website: Auktionen — Auktionshaus Mehlis
Best Regards
Eric

Eric, i wish i had seen it damaged or not!! :scot

someone knew there stuff in 2007 and got a good deal!!

i msged the guy whom showed the one on waf and he DONATED his to the wilson history and research center...........
... funny it never turned up on there site :l

Last edited:
Back