Visor and field cap from the Grosses Militär-Waisenhaus (Potsdam)

Thanks Received
Helmond, Netherlands. My hometown is located near
Going ahead about information about the website about the stolen collection from my friend Philippe Gillain
and the related announcement (which is somewhat delayed, but will come soon) I would like to show the
members of the forum my favorite from his collection, which is vanished also.
PS: I was lucky, as I was allowed to have a preview at the planned website. I think the collecting world
will be pleased when the website finally is "airborne"!

If you see the both items offered somewhere, shown below, please do contact me with a PM

With various visits to my friend in Belgium I always anxiously awaited to see again the quite rare set of headgear,
a visored cap and field cap for the Grosses Militär-Waisenhaus, Potsdam. For me this set was the ultimate, so to
speak finger-licking-good. They once were the property of a former orphanage-member: Günther Dürringer.
Two photographs do show the actual visored cap and the inner with the manufacturers logo from Ahlers in Postdam.
Further two photographs in wear. Also shown the field-cap with its two colors, as well as two photographs, which do
show the wearing of the typical field-cap. The both caps do show the bond with the army: the green cap band and
the lower part for the cap in green. Note the tip of this lower part of the flap should have a grommet.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

This in contrary to a set, which in my opinion is a pure 99,9% reproduction, which was sometimes ago offered at
Hermann Historica, in spite of the fact of their defence it being original (I do not care what their opinion is. I know
what I know).
This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Back