BDM grouping, diaries , etc

Thanks Received
here you go stuart, the pics are from a group i bought from a chap earlier this year for 150 pounds, and although i have lots of ss soldbuch, wehrpass etc, and even several himmler items, this little lot would be the one i would run out the house with if it was on fire, relitively inexpensive , but to me a mine of infrmation of her life as a young lady, from BDM days to early adulthood after liberation, it lists all her friends in her diary, including many british soldiers, of which many she dated bless her. she speaks fondly of the soldiers in the rhine and takes english lessons at night, goes to a cafe in the evenings after and meets friends, states she recieved red roses and a kiss from her uncle on her birthday, and received a photo from one of her army friends in the post on his return to england, im passionate about this little group i hope you will enjoy it to. any questions or requests to see more, it will be my privilage to show. the girls name is rith keil dob 9.6.24 if anyone could tell me more or anything about her i would be very happy.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I can see why you like this grouping Phil. The personal information opens a window on her life and allows you to see the person and not just what she left behind. Great stuff :thumbup1:

hi jolly wally, ive done as much as i can really, page by page reads she visited the kino, the cinema most nights , cafe in the evening, and bdm comitment in the week too. she certainly had quite a few boyfriends german and brit. it documents her life from aged 14 to 21. it also lists the soldier friend KIA in red in her diary. very sad really when you read it, i feel im imposing, almost violating her privacy of the diary.:(

absolute stunning set phil, i love these groupings that do more than just show a photo
a real keeper
thanks for showing

hi jolly wally, ive done as much as i can really, page by page reads she visited the kino, the cinema most nights , cafe in the evening, and bdm comitment in the week too. she certainly had quite a few boyfriends german and brit. it documents her life from aged 14 to 21. it also lists the soldier friend KIA in red in her diary. very sad really when you read it, i feel im imposing, almost violating her privacy of the diary.:(

If you feel like you're violating her privacy, you should consider this:

if nobody would read these diaries they would go lost in time. The info within these diaries is of great importance to all that whant to know about our common history. So you shouldn't feel bad about it. you're helping people untherstand what exactly happend with the normal people back then.

you've got a very nice collection indeed

where would our knowledge be of these times without these personnal pieces, imagine if someone never bothered to read the diaries of anne frank for example

Back