construction of display

Thanks Received
Mayby interesting to know is how to construct your own display.

Especially for younger collectors whom don't have the money to buy them.

you can leave your ideas here.
if you've got a workdesign added to it, they can get to work quick.

Last edited:
simple display in wood and plexi

buy/make a wood box in the desired size and place on top a plexi glass .

cost: about 20€ for a 60 * 40 * 14 display box

ive just modified my ikea detolf to give it more shelf space....

I bought more glass from ikea, its not for the detolf but about half width, for the book shelves, but my way of installing it is ingenius haha not seen anyone done it before, more than likely have but its classy

Originally i used a plant pot... nice

then i was thinking of toliet roll tubes..... mmmmm no

then i got some plastic tubes that recipet rolls from shop tills use... works great

but the icing on the cake are now in.... its original German items, not cheap unfortunatley but can you guess?

Pics to come

How do people display photos?

currently i have a A4 folder, which has postcard sleeves in, this is ok, but the photos can move about

Obviously photos come in different sizes, sometimes interesting writing on the back

i know you can get different sized plastic sheets but that doesnt seem to be the best solution

How do people display photos?

currently i have a A4 folder, which has postcard sleeves in, this is ok, but the photos can move about

Obviously photos come in different sizes, sometimes interesting writing on the back

i know you can get different sized plastic sheets but that doesnt seem to be the best solution

for pics I'd use a postcard display with a piece of glass in front. that way you can see them all the time an,d they still stay save from stains. they're hard to find but easy to make if you know how to weld. other manner: wood

or you could use a stand in plexi glass for displaying medals. works fine for me.

you cab by archival quality photo albums that re 100% acid free and will not damage the pics

I do what Stuart suggested for photos.
Very nice photo albums with the correct material plastic sleeves.
I have photo albums that have individual plastic sections on good paper (ok for photos to be against). My wife sells scrapbook supplies so she tells me what to get.

This is also how I display (store) my poilitical leader armbands.
Each armband is in a 8x10 inch clear acid free clear plastic "folder".
Then all of them are in a nice leather photo album.
Takes up very little room, and easy to look through.

kevin

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
That's an expensive looking album Kevin!!! Great way to store them and you can still look at them without handling. I like this method.:thumbup1:

Thanks Darin,

I really enjoy P.L. armbands, the craftsmanship is great.
But then can be pretty offensive looking to non-collectors (much more so than district triangles). So this hidden method is great.

I have them in a bookshelf with my collecting reference books. No labels, just black leather photoalbums.
No one is the wiser. :001_cool:

kevin

I have all of my photos in archival photo albums but it is still not my favorite way to keep them. I had thought about getting albums with archival paper and using the little triangular holders to stick onto the paper with the picture on the 4 corners like they used to do. Has anyone done this? It may be a lost cause because I have too many pictures and too little time to take on that project.
Bobby

I have all of my photos in archival photo albums but it is still not my favorite way to keep them. I had thought about getting albums with archival paper and using the little triangular holders to stick onto the paper with the picture on the 4 corners like they used to do. Has anyone done this? It may be a lost cause because I have too many pictures and too little time to take on that project.
Bobby

I use the same method for my collectionable pictures (not all hj) the tricky part is , when you got a pille laying about, you're up for some work.

however, I have an album prept to recieve new picks. As pic don't come in to many a size, you can alway fill out a page with the corner pieces and put the pics in later on.

:thumbdown:I even tought of laminating them so nothing can tough them, but turned out not to work. pic got damaged trough the heat of the machine:cursing:. (tested it with some regular home made family pics.)

Last edited:
how a beerstand becomes a display for WWII items

newest display i made:

started from a originaly wood case used for one meter of beer :)blink:) as they are sold in belgium to give to people as a gift.

I drunk the beers fast enough to start on it. :laugh:

how i did it :

I turned the stand around because of the engraved markings of the maker on the front.
I sanded it smoud and put varnich on it.
the front is open, so I have ordered to pieces of plexi to close it off.
its not to big, but will do for showing items like i did and , as i did, to hang on the wall. i 'll ad a pic when completely finished

Back