HJ/DJ BDM Collection

Thanks Received
here are a couple of pics of my HJ/DJ BDM collection,its a shame you can only post 5 pics per thread,so i just chose a small part of my collection,down here in australia its pretty hard to find alot of particular uniform items at shows etc,. without buying them international & paying a heap in postage,so i have been collecting since i was 15yrs old im now im 33 so its been a while,i started collecting helmets & flags/badges etc & in the last few years i got very interested in & started collecting HJ/DJ BDM items & learning alot along the way.im still looking for a DJ shoulder strap & a few other uniform items to complete
my DJ/BDM manequins correctly but ive done the best i could with what i have available for now,i pretty much buy my militaria 50% international & 50% local gun shows,.anyway so here is a few pics

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice collection :thumb:

By the way, you can upload more than 5 attachments per post. After you have uploaded 5 and have closed the upload window, don't save your post. Repeat the upload process and you'll be able to add 5 more pictures. Once you've done that, try it again and you'll be able to add a couple more. Then save your post :thumb:

Nise Bunker room . May I ask what how big is your collection room ?

just the size of your average bedroom about 8-9m sq ,its my war room /study,im looking for some glass cases for display at the moment stuff is just hung up & placed on shelves,its a little messy.thanks for all your comments.militaria collecting is my passion & im sure its the same for you fellas,cheers, si

Nice items !

But can it be that a HJ members pin and HJ winter cap does not fit a Jungvolk shirt?
Or was this combination possible ?

Cheers,
Chris

maybe the HJ diamond on a badge or cap was not worn in the Deutsche Jugend until they were over 14yrs old when they joined the Hitler Jugend,thats probably true though i dont have a DJ cap for now so it will have to do,i think your right,i never really thought about that,cheers

i just done some quick re-search & looked at some period photos & some HJ diamonds can be seen on DJ caps & badges as the DJ was overall a part of the HJ

DJ wearing HJ diamonds

here are some period photos of DJ boys wearing hj diamonds & pins on caps,some boys pinned HJ diamonds on the DJ caps,not to be confused with HJ flak helpers caps,where the diamond is sewn into the cap

Attachments

Indeed. The HJ and DJ wore the same winter cap. Originally it was only worn as part of the HJ/DJ skiing uniform but it later became a standard part of the DJ winter uniform and from 1938 onwards the HJ also wore it as part of their standard winter uniform. The metal diamond was worn on the cap by both organisations.

I also looked at some pictures and it seems the diamond on the winter cap is OK for a Jungvolk member.
But what about the diamond on the shirt?
Was this allowed in the early days when there was the S-rune buckle ? And the round DJ member pin?

Or was this only used when the Jungvolk was integrated into the HJ and they had to wear the usual HJ buckle as well?

I have a very small Jungvolk shirt.
It came from a private household in Germany.
It has the rune at the sleeve and.. a diamond at the chest. original
I also have a bigger one (no rune at the sleeve, but clearly removed) this one has red attachment loops at the breastpocket.. for the diamond, but hadn't a diamond attached when I bought it.

So yeah... Possible!

I also looked at some pictures and it seems the diamond on the winter cap is OK for a Jungvolk member.
But what about the diamond on the shirt?
Was this allowed in the early days when there was the S-rune buckle ? And the round DJ member pin?

We know from the period regulations that a diamond on a DJ winter cap was correct. The photos confirm that.

As far as the diamond on a DJ shirt is concerned you are getting information a little mixed up. The DJ lost their rune buckle in 1938 which was four years after the order stating that the round DJ membership badge could only be worn on civilian clothing and five years after the introduction of the diamond Hitler Youth membership badge. We have a few threads where the purpose of the early HJ (Arbeiterjugend) and DJ membership badges (and what they later became) are discussed which you might want to check out. They explain, for example, why you sometimes see photos of DJ members wearing the round badge and the diamond at the same time.

Diamonds on DJ shirts: the wearing of the diamond Hitler Youth membership badge on DJ shirts and jackets is described, for example, in the 1934 DJ uniform regulations so as I say, it's perfectly normal for it to be present on a DJ shirt whether it's a 1934 setting or a 1945 setting or whether the boy is wearing a rune buckle or a normal HJ buckle.

Thanks a lot Garry, this is very useful information.
I did not do any research on this topic until now, so that is why I am confused about the possible combinations of HJ, DJ, buckles and memebership pins.

Thanks !

Chris

Back