Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Indeed. The HJ and DJ wore the same winter cap. Originally it was only worn as part of the HJ/DJ skiing uniform but it later became a standard part of the DJ winter uniform and from 1938 onwards the HJ also wore it as part of their standard winter uniform. The metal diamond was worn on the cap by both organisations.

Please login to view user info
    I also looked at some pictures and it seems the diamond on the winter cap is OK for a Jungvolk member.
    But what about the diamond on the shirt?
    Was this allowed in the early days when there was the S-rune buckle ? And the round DJ member pin?

Or was this only used when the Jungvolk was integrated into the HJ and they had to wear the usual HJ buckle as well?

interesting,i will be researching this topic over the next few days,thanks for your comment

I have a very small Jungvolk shirt.
    It came from a private household in Germany.
    It has the rune at the sleeve and.. a diamond at the chest. original
    I also have a bigger one (no rune at the sleeve, but clearly removed) this one has red attachment loops at the breastpocket.. for the diamond, but hadn't a diamond attached when I bought it.

So yeah... Possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Sdkfz251 View Post
    I also looked at some pictures and it seems the diamond on the winter cap is OK for a Jungvolk member.
    But what about the diamond on the shirt?
    Was this allowed in the early days when there was the S-rune buckle ? And the round DJ member pin?
    We know from the period regulations that a diamond on a DJ winter cap was correct. The photos confirm that.

As far as the diamond on a DJ shirt is concerned you are getting information a little mixed up. The DJ lost their rune buckle in 1938 which was four years after the order stating that the round DJ membership badge could only be worn on civilian clothing and five years after the introduction of the diamond Hitler Youth membership badge. We have a few threads where the purpose of the early HJ (Arbeiterjugend) and DJ membership badges (and what they later became) are discussed which you might want to check out. They explain, for example, why you sometimes see photos of DJ members wearing the round badge and the diamond at the same time.

Diamonds on DJ shirts: the wearing of the diamond Hitler Youth membership badge on DJ shirts and jackets is described, for example, in the 1934 DJ uniform regulations so as I say, it's perfectly normal for it to be present on a DJ shirt whether it's a 1934 setting or a 1945 setting or whether the boy is wearing a rune buckle or a normal HJ buckle.

Thanks a lot Garry, this is very useful information.
    I did not do any research on this topic until now, so that is why I am confused about the possible combinations of HJ, DJ, buckles and memebership pins.

Thanks !

Chris

You're welcome Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12