Most of my current Hitler Youth collection

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thanks everybody for the kind words on my photo. I left out two of my favorite pieces; my Flak Helper cap, and my HJ/DJ cigarette card book. But for the most part this is my collection. There are about 6 armbands in the stack, and yes, I realize the Studentenbund knife is controversial, but I had to include it anyway. If for no other reason than the conversation. The GI bring back banner is a recent acquisition, and I thought it made a nice back drop. The NSDAP armband is simply there becase it belonged to the young man with the ID next to it. A young man that was obviously indoctrinated at an early age. Anyway, thanks again for the kind words, and I will post again with the full collection, hopefully larger next time.

Attachments

it is not "controversial", there was simply never such a knife!

As Jo says!! I have never seen mentioned or noted in the Verordnungsblatt der Reichsstudentenführung
a Studentenbund-knife being included. For "disputes" they had other ways, haha!

Attachments

Never let it be said that I don't attempt to make peace when it comes to photographs of HJ collections.

Here is an updated pic WITHOUT the "studentenbund" knife...let's just pretend it was never in the photo and all be friends.

The lapel pins are in sequential order from 1936 to 1939. One of the HJ knives is a motto, the other has no motto.

Attachments

the photo of the flakmutze & cigarette card book is cool.i got it as my desktop background,.great items

si

Thanks, Wingman! Nice of you to say. I admit, the cigarette card book is one of my favorite pieces. I acquired it from an online dealer and it was presented with very few pictures describing what it entailed inside. As I have said before, when it arrived and I inspected it, i could not believe the hoard of photo's, insignia examples, and just what a quality piece it was. Just one of those times when I took a chance and it proved to be advantageous in a collectors prospective.

Thanks again for the kind words on the piece and the photograph.

Here is an updated pic WITHOUT the "studentenbund" knife...let's just pretend it was never in the photo and all be friends.
Maybe you misunderstood a bit? It is not about disagreeing, or about controversy, the knife you have with the Studentenbund badge, cannot be a real item, - in the form it is presented in - as there simply was never such a knife.
Not for the Students, DJ or the BDM. The insertion of a Studentenbund diamond into the handle is a post war creation, it is pure fantasy. There is no need for any discussion, there is in fact nothing to discuss, your "Studentenbund version " knife is not a real Third Reich item, end of story.

What may well be the case, is that the knife is 100% genuine, and the Student badge also 100% genuine, so "real items, real parts" but married after the war by a crook (or a collector who thought it belonged there) - a 100% fantasy combination.

You can blame people like Tom Johnson and Tom Wittman, who have been touting and selling these kinds of fantasy combo`s since Adam was a boy.
If you take a banal item, and add another non-related item to it, you can invent a grand story and sell it for much more.
HJ knives with black, pink, green, blue diamonds.... HJ armbands in blue instead of red, HJ camping axes, HJ pocketknives, HJ corkscrews...... etc.....the list is very long, as are the fables used to sell them.

Ok, let's see if I can have another attempt to make peace...let's imagine that the knife has been completely destroyed, melted down and buried far beneath the Earth never to be seen again:001_smile:

And as always, thanks for the info!

Lovely items indeed, very good start. Congrats. A collection made up of items I would like to have myself, as yours is, is no doubt for me a great collection.

Ok, let's see if I can have another attempt to make peace...let's imagine that the knife has been completely destroyed, melted down and buried far beneath the Earth never to be seen again:001_smile:

And as always, thanks for the info!
Nooooooo, just pry out the student diamond, and add a correct one. If the knife is genuine there will be no problem doing that.

Hmmmm....well, to tell you the truth Jo, I just would not feel right about doing that. Although both pieces of the knife would be era correct, I, myself, value pieces of history that have not been parts replaced, or not a direct item from 70 years gone past that is 'as assembled' by the original maker.

If I ever decide to sell the knife, I will pry the diamond from the knife and the buyer can do what he or she feels is appropriate. But for now, the piece goes into my 'not-so-much' bag as I call it...hehe.

Your collection is very nice, eye-catching, no doubt.
If the "studentenbund" knife is a problem, just ship it to Spain, I'd glady adopt it... :001_smile:

Back