My first HJ Collection

Thanks Received
This was my first HJ collection I had in the early 80's. It was a little tougher to collect back then. Not many sources like nowdays. You had Manions, Mohawk Arms, gun shows, and other collectors and that was about it. Reference materials consisted of Littlejohns and Bakers books, and Angolias was just rumors at the time. No internet dealers or forums. I sold this stuff off years ago. You can see the HJ Ski Fuhrer badge in the lower right, it's now in the collection of a member here, and it still looks amazing. I paid less than 100usd for it at a local shop, Hagens coins and collectibles, after the owner bought it from a walk in.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I have seen this picture before and never stop looking at it. It is like the rune from Garry... cant stop looking.

That was a great collection, but you have to admit, gentleman, that you are having now also a great collection too. The boards, the runes, the Norkus collection...

Regards

Antonio

Antonio, I'm much more satisified with my current collection. I had some neat items back then and wish I still had them, but these days you get to network with so many more collectors through forums like this and the internet. I dreamed of being able to find items like I can now with just the click of a mouse.

Last edited:
Very nice. I especially like the DJ and HJ uniform shirts. I too had an earlier collection (not restricted to HJ) that I sold after college. Like you I am much happier with my current collection. Keep up the good hunting and sharing photos of your fine collection.

Collect100

anyone who has collected for along time has sold things and then years later wished they still had them. but for the most part its easier to find good items now thanks to the internet..but the internet has also caused the prices to go sky high..nice stuff in that pic..tom

Thats a great collection! The sale of the HJ Ski Leaders badge must sting a bit !

However it seems to be in a good home :)

Nick

A very impressive collection! I wish I could find the Ski Leader Badge! Jürgen

Here's a bigger picture of the Jungbann 386 Wurselen, West, Mittlerhien shirt. It had brass buttons for some reason, but appeared to be a legit shirt.

Attachments

Last edited:
HJ Collection

I see that you have spent money on your collection instead of fixing the hole in your wall!!!Are you married?:lol:

Hahah good observation!!! Thats the sort of damage a German Shorthaired Pointer puppy can do in minutes!!! Wall has been fixed and my hunting companion has long passed away.

HJ Collection

I have three Lab's two princes and one princess,could not get along without my pups.Operaman

Back