My tiny Hitler Youth collection...

Thanks Received
Hi Guys... after a false start collecting an assortment of WW1- 2 belt buckles, I suddenly realized 2 months ago that my real interest is HJ & BDM, so this really small collection is only what I've put together since then. It's very modest at the moment but now that I've found my way, I hope that it will soon grow... cheers, Hansi

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Nice mate.
Like the knives. Wouldn't mind one myself, but as you know, they are more than a weeks' wages over here and it's not worth THAT much to me. If I was in Europe I woulda scooped up a few more bargains by now I reckon.

That is a pretty good start for just 2 months mate .

Thanks Guys... I've tried to pick a small assortment of items just to get going with... yes, you're right, the knives are a bit expensive but I just had to have one. The one without grips only cost me $90 on eBay... I don't mind the beat up look as I prefer things that look as if they've been through a war, rather than new and unissued items. It has all its stamps and markings, the blade and scabbard are okay too, so a nice bit of history. I'm just starting to feel a definite 'pull' towards tinnies... they're cheap and there's such a huge variety to choose from, but it's hard to focus on just tinnies when there are so many other wonderful items to collect... oh well, it is a slippery slope indeed... cheers guys, Hansi :thumb:

Hi Hansi,

Your collection is looking brilliant. I am really happy to see you progressing that much!! Well done

Regards

Antonio

Thanks Antonio... you will, of course, recognize a couple of things that came from you... :001_smile:
I also still have a couple of tinnies on their way to me in the post, so I'm looking forward to their arrival soon... cheers, Hansi :thumb:

hey hansi those two bdm girls look very familir to me, were they for sale some whare lately? as i have defo seen them before somewhare? very nice start to a collection :thumb:

p.s i am certin one of the steves here showed a pic of these girls :) not uncommon ither!

Thanks Ewan... yes, the two BDM girls I bought from Rolf at the militärfotoshop... I did post them on the forum last week when they first arrived, maybe you saw them then? Cheers, Hansi :thumb:

Oh well... we'll wait for Steve to comment, it'll be interesting if he's got the same photo...! :tongue_smilie:

Thanks Ewan... yes, the two BDM girls I bought from Rolf at the militärfotoshop... I did post them on the forum last week when they first arrived, maybe you saw them then? Cheers, Hansi :thumb:

Nice guy Rolf. I was a few times in his apartment in Dusseldorf. Sometimes he has too really good offers, well worth to have a look when he does an update.

I got really good tinnies with him.

Regards

Antonio

Thanks Antonio... yes, he seems like a really nice person. We've been writing to each other quite a lot... that's great that you know him personally, next time you see him please say Hi from me... :001_smile:!

nice

its a nice collection iam new to this as well so we all have to start somewere.:clap2:

Hi Heinrich.. in a way it's nice to just pick up an item here and there, to take it slowly, and watch your little collection slowly grow... it's more satisfying I think. It's very tempting to visit the many sites and buy a whole lot of things in one go... but that seems too easy, if you know what I mean. You say that I have 17 items more than you.. I think that there are 18 items in my collection, so what 1 item do you have... and what area of HJ, BDM, etc. are you going to focus on... ? Cheers, Hansi

Excellent collection and totally agree with you Hansi.
Although i only pick up an item now and then due to money (or lack of!).
i still think it`s more rewarding not to rush but to see your collection grow slowly,that way you get to study each piece that you buy,enough so that you could pick it out of a line-up :)
i`m similar to you in that i`ve just recently decided to change my Third Reich collecting direction and concentrate more on HJ,DJ & BDM so i`m a little jealous mate :drool: .Well done.

Last edited:
Ah yes... money, or the lack of it as you say... but it would be too easy if we had enough money to just buy anything. That old saying about money not making you happy... well, no doubt you would be happy for a while, rushing around and buying everything in sight but, I can see that you would soon get bored with that... so in way we're fortunate that each tiny piece that we collect has a real value for us... value as in it's been hard earned, chosen with care, and valued for what it is... as for my little collection, I didn't realize until I laid it all out to take a photo just how quickly it had grown... it was such fun collecting each piece. So, hopefully, a little at a time my friend, your collection will soon grow.. that's for sure, and without you even realizing it. I look forward to seeing some photos of each piece... cheers, Hansi :thumb:

Well done and said Hansi.

Heinrich and Werwolf, nothing to worry about, step by step you will be getting more and more and more...

Because this is a drug, and the more that you get, the more thay you would like to get.

I have also a really low badget, but there is no hurry from my side, and maybe because that, I enjoy big time my Tinnies.

I wish you all best of luck and great hunt!!!

Regards

Antonio

Back