New pics of my Hitler Youth HJ collection

Thanks Received
So I finally assembled TWO new display cases today.

What's kind of funny is it makes my HJ collection look very unimpressive.

The pic with the Flak helper cap actually has about 13 armbands as a 'carpet' underneath. I need to find a (better) way to display them.

Thanks for looking.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Here is an SA sports shelf I just started. If you use a tall frame in the background you can display 2 or 3 armbands on the vertical.

Attachments

Como, you might want to get some plastic stands. Adds to the look of the item displayed. Here is. RAD shelf using stands. Cheap on eBay.

Attachments

I probably will get some stands...I am already using them in my living room display cases. Thanks for the comments and nice collection!

You have some great pieces. These detolf cases are great for depth, but the height is sometimes difficult to deal with.

Here are 3 detolfs I am working on at the moment.

i bought 7 high end cases but find these detolfs are the best for displaying TR collectables.

please post pics when you get the set up just right. Would love to see a before and after.

Attachments

very nicely displayed mate,we collect exactly the same stuff,.SA HJ & RAD.very nice items

si

I just started on the detolfs, but here is a pic of my other cabinets. I prefer the detolfs!

Attachments

Made a few changes to one shelf, and the Flak helper cap is going to be in a display case on top.

I think this is a better display, as it shows the pics of the kids, and the plethora of armbands.

The other shelf is the same for now, but a few changes will be made soon.

Oh, and the bottom two shelves are obviously for the adult NSDAP items.

Attachments

Lovely collection, great items and very nicely displayed, Como. But, don't you think it would be better not to store the awards in plastic bags? I gather that they may damage them in the long run.

Lovely collection, great items and very nicely displayed, Como. But, don't you think it would be better not to store the awards in plastic bags? I gather that they may damage them in the long run.

To be honest, I do not know the answer to your question. but, I thought it would protest the pieces if they were in the plastic, rather than the open air.

I am open to opinions from other collectors on the forum...

To be honest, I do not know the answer to your question. but, I thought it would protest the pieces if they were in the plastic, rather than the open air.

I am open to opinions from other collectors on the forum...

Little late in response, but what Eliko mentioned is actually a very good point. Plastic wallets like those are 99% of the time not Ph neutral. This means that the acids inside the plastic can actually damage the metals of your badges. Same applies to all other kinds of artefacts such as paper. Temporary storage like these are great when buying from a show. But for long term I would recommend you ditch them. Simply keep them out on the shelf. So long as your room is at a stable room temperature and is not like a desert and it is dry (not damp or humid), you will have no worries. Just make sure they stay free of dust and you will never have an issue.

Great info Kyle and amazing displays Visor looks like a museum. The recessed niches are top notch

Lovely collection indeed. Really nice to see so many HJ armbands put together.

Hi everybody,

Due to the advice above, I have decided to remove the small metal pieces from the plastic bags, just to be on the safe side. I live in the desert, so obviously it is a dry environment free from humidity that could ruin the pieces. I found a piece of cloth to use for now, but plan to a black textured square piece, as used in framing. But for now, this will do.

(The reason the older young man is in the HJ collection, is due to his recent joining of the Nazi party (in '44), a little late to the 'party'), after his membership in the HJ, and the armband to the far right is actually his given NSDAP armband. I just thought his youth was a good example of the party indoctrination.) This was a grouping acquired at an estate sale.

I think it is sad that the children got caught up into the madness of the party. I actually have the paperwork on the the young man pictured in the HJ ID beside the small pennant (the young man used in my profile picture). I have a photo of him in his NSDAP paperwork as an 18(?) year old, and it follows him into the NSDAP, and then, sadly, his life was traced to the Russian front where he was killed. All he ever knew was the party and the Reich. More than just various pieces of history, I really have a passion for pieces that can be traced to an actual individual. No matter haw sad the story of their lives.

Hope you enjoy the collection as pictured, and thanks for the good advice on preserving the history that we collect.

Attachments

Last edited:
In my opinion, much better this way, Como. They are not in the open air, so you do not have to worry about them getting dust or whatever. I LOVE the HJ pennant. It would be great in my HJ shelf.

Back