Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please login to view user info
    Maybe I will show a few more glass-plates with buckles from 1981. From later years
    I do not have any photographs anymore. But as often mentioned in about 1984/1985
    I stopped collecting Third Reich items.

In November 2000 I started collecting RAD traditions cap-badges. So, in some ways I
    was back to items from the Third Reich. I found in total about 65 during the period I
    collected them. Most of these will be shown in volume 5 for "Headgear of Hitler's Germany",
    in the RAD chapter. The book will be released in about late spring this year.
    They were nicely shown in my glass show-case. I have some total view photographs, which
    I can show later. From a specific period I have photographs where about 55 are visible,
    including photographs of wearing the badges.

All badges were sold during 2007/2008, when I started collecting Japanese female kimono.
    The "stock" of that collection I could buy, due to the money from these badges!!
    Last edited by wilhelm saris; 25th February 2012 at 07:50 PM.

Thank you for showing photos of what once was Wim. Always great to see what friends have had custody of at one time or another.

of insanity ............... Wim is your former great collection ..... the pieces HJ Particularly, I like ..... we will have something to talk about when we meet the photo on the ..... you is wearing the air Force uniform 2 years prior to my birth ..

Think what I could have had when I had decided not to quite HJ-collecting and collecting
    in general, but would totally have gone into HJ. In over 30 years I would have had quite a
    HJ collection with the possibilities and sources I had. But that is when.........and I did not!!

img390.jpg img391.jpg img392.jpg

this is the way I showed my material. When I stopped collecting all open spaces for the glass-plates were
    filled up with buckles. The shown photographs were taken March 15, 1981.

img393.jpg img394.jpg

This is how I displayed my RAD traditions cap badges. The photographs are taken in about June 2004.
    A few more are to come and then I have shown what I liked to show.

Now I am into Japanese female kimono and Asian chopsticks. Quite different subjects. I have told this
    about various times. Due to space-limits, especially for kimono, I have to back off, as I have no room in
    the house anymore to display these large dresses.
    Last edited by wilhelm saris; 26th February 2012 at 01:09 PM.

the rest of the displays for the RAD traditions cap badges. Note photographs of wearing and
    here and there parts from regulations are included:

img395.jpg img396.jpg img397.jpg

img398.jpg img399.jpg

Various of the shown photographs in this thread I may have shown also at some other forums!!

Very nice Collection Wim!

Regards
    Herbert

thanks you all take the time to have a look. It was not a big collection, but
    what I owned I was glad to have and proud to show. And so I did my best
    to display it as best as I was able!

In the thread "Other Collections" I have a post as "No Third Reich". There one
    can see what I am collecting these days!
    Last edited by wilhelm saris; 28th February 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Wonderfull collection, Wim! I like your pics a lot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12