Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anglo-German Youth Movement, Capel Morris England 1936

HERE IS A RARE BIRD JUST ACQUIRED. HAS A LAPEL TYPE FASTENER AND MAKER MARKED THOMAS FATTERINI ? REGENT STREET BIRMINHAM ENJOY AND IT IS REAL

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul Ayerst; 6th April 2011 at 03:54 AM.

DO any of out BRITISH members have some more thoughts on this pin. I know there where exchanges of youth during the 30s between the two countries.

great thanks that confirms the company made them and awful nice they are still in existence

Fattorini replyed to my question-

i just wanted to know if this is one of your past items, produced in 1936?

Fattorin-
    "Yes - seems so.
    This was before the Nazis became Nazis!"

so this badge was produced for a very unsuccessful movement (?)

There were visits Paul but... plenty of these around on auction sites and no mention of the actual event on Google (a superficial check yes, but still....)? That can be a bad combination and certainly gives grounds for a deeper look into the badge.

The comment from the company means little in my opinion as it is clear (to me) that the answer was not researched i.e. whoever answered is just giving an answer based on the fact that the company name is on the badge.

I would personally give this badge a miss but Chris Ailsby's comment on Axis is indirectly saying that he thinks they are real because he mentions that the badge has been faked. Perhaps he or Don Scowen may have more thoughts on these badges and I hope that they will see this thread.

thanks Garry , this badge did come from a German lot out of that country and does appear well worn albeit that can be faked also, so am hoping to hear more .

Please login to view user info
    Yes, hope it isn't in the same family as the old HJ Japan fantasy badge.

I don't think so in this case as the company is still in existence it would be suicide to copy the company logo

Please login to view user info

British Pin

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    I don't think so in this case as the company is still in existence it would be suicide to copy the company logo

Morning Gents,

I think the faking industry doesn't give much on the fact whether a company still exists or not: the manufacturer, who re-produces these badges, should be hard to trace anyway. And most probably they are sitting somewhere in a second- or third world country.
    So the suicide won't be that suicidal.

Rgds

Daniel

RZM MARKS are commonly copied but copyright infringement is something that any business would protect with great vigor IMO and these guys can be traced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast