Anglo-German Youth Movement, Capel Morris England 1936

Thanks Received
HERE IS A RARE BIRD JUST ACQUIRED. HAS A LAPEL TYPE FASTENER AND MAKER MARKED THOMAS FATTERINI ? REGENT STREET BIRMINHAM ENJOY AND IT IS REAL

:canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
DO any of out BRITISH members have some more thoughts on this pin. I know there where exchanges of youth during the 30s between the two countries.

great thanks that confirms the company made them and awful nice they are still in existence

Fattorini replyed to my question-

i just wanted to know if this is one of your past items, produced in 1936?

Fattorin-
"Yes - seems so.
This was before the Nazis became Nazis!"

so this badge was produced for a very unsuccessful movement (?)

There were visits Paul but... plenty of these around on auction sites and no mention of the actual event on Google (a superficial check yes, but still....)? That can be a bad combination and certainly gives grounds for a deeper look into the badge.

The comment from the company means little in my opinion as it is clear (to me) that the answer was not researched i.e. whoever answered is just giving an answer based on the fact that the company name is on the badge.

I would personally give this badge a miss but Chris Ailsby's comment on Axis is indirectly saying that he thinks they are real because he mentions that the badge has been faked. Perhaps he or Don Scowen may have more thoughts on these badges and I hope that they will see this thread.

thanks Garry , this badge did come from a German lot out of that country and does appear well worn albeit that can be faked also, so am hoping to hear more .

British Pin

I don't think so in this case as the company is still in existence it would be suicide to copy the company logo

Morning Gents,

I think the faking industry doesn't give much on the fact whether a company still exists or not: the manufacturer, who re-produces these badges, should be hard to trace anyway. And most probably they are sitting somewhere in a second- or third world country.
So the suicide won't be that suicidal.

Rgds

Daniel

RZM MARKS are commonly copied but copyright infringement is something that any business would protect with great vigor IMO and these guys can be traced.

These are heavily faked here in Europe (complete with the maker mark).

I seem to recall a thread on a now long dead forum where some research had been done on them.

From what I remember the event did take place & there are original badges about, but they are rare.

I think that it was Toby Rowan (TobyR) that had an original piece which was featured in the thread. May be he will know more.

Cheers
Don

I've had a chat with Toby regarding his pin. It seems that my memory isn't as good as I thought.

He says that they never managed to find any evidence that the event took place & that he now believes that the badges are fantasy pieces.....

Sorry
Don

Back