BDM in Frankreich ?

Thanks Received
Hello,

Was there any schools, camps or houses of Bund Deutscher Mädel in France ?

I saw some photos with girls of the BDM in Paris, but i don't know what they do here. Journeys? Work?

thanks for your help.

regards

Fred

i am not sure about HJ/BDM schools in france fred but i know there were HJ/BDM schools in belgium for the flemish HJ/BDM,i will look into it today it will be interesting to find out more on this topic,i think they would have had HJ/BDM schools in occupied france,.but im sure someone here will definetly know.

si

Thanks wingman,

i already readed something about the flemish HJ/BDM. It's one more reason for me to believe that if there was some belgium HJ/BDM school, why not in france ?

i cant find anything on the HJ/BDM in france like schools & units etc like in belgium & netherlands,but to my knowledge & what i think is that as for the flemish HJ/BDM & also flemish SS were mostly recruited from flemish nordic walloons for wallonien & langmark/algemeene SS vlaanderen divisions & as for HJ/BDM in france i guess they just did the same & integrated nordic HJ/BDM from occupied countries (france) into the HJ/BDM in germany & belgium/netherlands.,i do find stuff on the HJ in france but its only in battle e.g 12th SS panzer division Hitler-jugend falaise/Caen D-day etc,anyway thats my theory.

cheers,
si

I saw some photos with girls of the BDM in Paris, but i don't know what they do here. Journeys? Work?
regards

Fred

Hallo.BDM came in France in some occasions during wartime,For example,this ticket for a show in Theatre de l'Empire (This ticket is not mine,I just stole the image on ebay few monthes ago)Die Spielschar des BDM Köln-Aachen came in Paris supporting german troops by singing,dancing and playing music

You don't have permission to view attachments.

In peacetime,there were probably exchange between french and german girls of youth organizations

Attachments

Hello all,

thank you for these indications of possible jobs of these girls. But I was able to read on some website lists of camps for the HJ, there is no such thing for the BDM in Europe ? Nothing which allows to list the installations ? (as for the fighting units).
Regards
Fred

Hum,according to Littlejohn's book

No trips,no camps in France! :france Like Paul have said before,if they came in France that was just for entertaining the german troops

Attachments

yA i KNOW i HAVE SEEN MANY CAPTIONED PHOTOS OF bdm GIRLS DOING WAR WORK IN THE OCCUPIED COUNTRIES, and I think there may be some posted here in the galleries :canada1

Back