Black Printed SS flashes in a triangle & companian "Proctor" in Russian Patch

Thanks Received
I picked up two sets of these from a vets son several years ago. Kind of amusing. Doug

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Anybody got a clue on this additional patch?

Has any body seen the additional patch? Got a clue on the usage or translation? I heard "Proctor" once. Doug

THE TRIANGLE patch is for eastern flak helpers serving in the Reich MOST LIKELY good piece from what I see. Also this patch is mentions in a couple ref books

PAUL

Last edited:
Has any body seen the additional patch? Got a clue on the usage or translation? I heard "Proctor" once. Doug

Hi there
in English this word means - foster child or fosterling
KR Mikhail

Does this mean that this patch was worn by kids getting kidnapped and shipped back to the Reich?
And does it mean that the SS insignia is completely separate and has nothing to do with it?
Not at all! They were Flakhelfer in the past, but from the 4 dec 44 the designation Luftwaffenhelfer was changed to SS-Zöglinge .
You can read more about it 'Foreign Legions of the Third Reich-4 ' by D.Littlejohn. But the strip isn't shown in the book.

Admin Edit: see THIS post showing an excerpt from the August 1944 issue of "Uniformenmarkt". Littlejohn's date can't be correct as the term SS-Zöglinge was already in use in August 1944.

I would love to see a picture of this in wear.

I have seen one picture of that strip being worn under the triangle But what book ?

PAUL
Even I disremember the odd thing now and then. I hope that it comes back to you. I would love to see this in wear. Doug

Lots for SS-Zöglinge in google

On the other hand they gave the
Spätphase des Krieges die rassen- Late phase of the war breeds
ideologischen Grundsätze auch in ideological principles in
Kreisen der SS auf. Circles of the SS. Das geht aus This goes out
einer "Meldung über flüchtige a "message on volatile
russische SS-Zöglinge" hervor, Russian SS-pupils "show,
die the
die the
Ortspolizeibehörde Local police
Montabaur Montabaur
am on
1. 1.
März March
pflichtgemäß an die Geheime dutifully to the Privy
Staatspolizei machte: State police made:
"Am 1.3.1945 in den frühen "On 1.3.1945 in the early
Morgenstunden Morning
sind are
in in
Montabaur von der Einheit L 46266 Luftgaupostamt Wiesbaden folgende russische SS-Zöglinge geflüchtet: Montabaur from the unit L 46,266 Luftgaupostamt Wiesbaden pupils fled following Russian SS:
1) Trusi, Andreas, geb. am 28.12.1925, Erk.-Nr. 1) Trusi, Andrew, born on 28.12.1925, Erk.-Nr. 518 I-Mitl. 518 I-Mitl. Flakabteilung 979. Antiaircraft artillery battalion 979th Personenbeschreibung: 1,65 Physical description: 1.65
m groß, typisch asiatisch scharfgeschnittenes Gesicht, Schlitzaugen, m tall, sharp-typical Asian face, slit eyes,
2) Wowschenko, Michael, geb. am 15.2.1927, Erk.-Nr. 2) Wowschenko, Michael, born 15.2.1927, Erk.-Nr. 519 I-Mitl. 519 I-Mitl. Flakabteilung 979. Antiaircraft artillery battalion 979th
Personenbeschreibung: 1,68 m groß viereckige Gesichtsform, dunkelbraunes, glattgekämmtes Haar. Physical description: 1.68 m tall square face shape, dark brown, combed hair.
Beide tragen die Uniform der Luftwaffenhelfer, mit SS-Runen auf dem linken Arm sowie eine blaugelbe Both wear the uniform of the Air Force auxiliary, with SS runes on the left arm and a blue-yellow
Armbinde, die wahrscheinlich abgelegt worden ist. Armband, which has probably been stored. Unter den SS-Runen ist das Wort "Junak" in russischer Among the SS insignia, the word "Junak" in Russian
Schrift angebracht. Font installed. Die Flüchtigen haben zwei Herrenfahrräder von der Dienststelle mitgenommen. The fugitives have taken two men's bikes from the department. ... ...
Fluchtrichtung unbekannt. Direction of escape unknown. ..." ... "

Would a different translation of the Russian word possibly be "pupil"? Google translate didn't work for "Junak". Whats up with the Blue-Yellow armband? Doug

DerKerl said:
Would a different translation of the Russian word possibly be "pupil"? Google translate didn't work for "Junak". Whats up with the Blue-Yellow armband? Doug

Pupil - is OK, too.
Junak is Ukrainian word that means - youth, teenager
Blue-Yellow armband was created for Ukrainian flakhelpers. These armbands were created for every ethnic group (Russians, Ukrainians, Estonians, Letts and Lithuanians) with using color of their native flags.

Mikhail

I wounder about the little additional tab.

Pupil - is OK, too.
Junak is Ukrainian word that means - youth, teenager
Blue-Yellow armband was created for Ukrainian flakhelpers. These armbands were created for every ethnic group (Russians, Ukrainians, Estonians, Letts and Lithuanians) with using color of their native flags.

Mikhail

Would there be different tabs like the one pictured in the different languages of the different youths? Doug

Would there be different tabs like the one pictured in the different languages of the different youths? Doug

Doug, I`m not sure, but I`ve heard only about Ukrainian and Russians. Estonians even didn`t wear SS-triangle.
Mikhail

The only ones I have seen are in UKRAINE BUT MAY HAVE BEEN A CATCH ALL FOR RUSSIA.Was a short lived org and I think the only reason we know the badges are due to a factory roll brought back by some vets.

PAUL

There was nearly 100K of these guys from all over I understand.

These guys came from not only eastern Europe but western and southern. Kind of interesting that only the two tabs are known. Is that right?

Maybe it can get posted here. It is a formal picture portrait. Ukrainian I think? I'm thinking of adding to it. Doug

I think this is the picture you mean Doug. Found it on another forum:

Credit: David Littlejohn, Foreign Legions of the Third Reich

Attachments

I think this is the picture you mean Doug. Found it on another forum:
Yeah. That's it. Poster didn't know where he got it other than "pulling it off the web somewhere". I don't know if this is period or some sort of made up deal. Got no clue. Anyway, interesting tab. That's what caught my eye.

Somewhere out there is a Russian language poster recruiting these guys that show the uniform with the armband. I would love to see that and see if there is a device on the armband for the Russians like for the Ukrainians. Anybody got one of those? Ever seen one out there? Doug

some related pics

There is apparently a specific shoulder board as well. Have no clue as to what it may look like. Maybe it is refered to somewhere. On another forum this poster posted a picture of a part of a poster with an armband photo superimposed on the picture that appeares and disapears for
some reason. Security or something like that I suppose.

Anybody got an armband and/or shoulder boards that goes with the Triangle I can get?

Doug

Attachments

Last edited:
Have anybody more information about "Russian" insignia?
When that russian flak helpers firstly appear?

As I think on "russian" armband is shield like this:

Attachments

Back