Gebiet China Shanghai

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
Problibly one of the rarest photo albums conserning the Hitlerjugend listed on Ebay ended today .
Most of the photos were the day to day family photos and scenery shots , however ; a few were really nice , including a documented photo of the " CHINA "Bannfahn .
I have copied these photos during the auction and have saved them for for this forum as research /historical material only. I would hope that a member of our forum won the 3 seperate photo albums . If so please come forward and post better scans when you recieve the albums .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
More photos , if you enlarge some of the photos , you can see a few of these HJ/BDM members are part asain .

Attachments

More photos , a couple that show documents .

Attachments

HJ Gebietsdreieck " China Schanghai " listed on Wietze for 1,750 euro .

Attachments

It would be interesting to see if any of the photos show the triangle worn in detail. I've always been suspicious of that one at Weitze, it's been there for a long time. Thanks for showing the photos Joe, very unique. What did the albums fetch in terms of price?

211,00EUR ... 107,00EUR and 88,00EUR . Each album had 11 to 15 bids each . I am not comfortable with Weitzes triangle either . I wonder what these albums would have gone for if the had original insignia in them .

I count 144 HJ and BDM , This number might generate a Gefolgschaft not a Bann . I believe that considering the small number of German businessmen and a few Embassy personal that brought their families with them to China during the 1920s to 30s ... some of them may have married Chinese women , seeing that a few of these children look asian to me . I believe that there might not have been a Gefolgschaft and maybe only a Bannfahn was issued for political/propaganda purposes for the international media during the time period .

Last edited:
Asian looking HJ

Attachments

Yes, I would love to know who got it. Atually the prices were quite alright. The few large format photos would fetch a good price on ebay individually. I offered the seller a good price for all three parts and expressedmy willingness to keep all three parts together. However, the seller never replied.

I would not be surprised if the album will be taken apart and we will see some of the very interesting photos on websites of well known dealers ...

Rgds

Daniel

In a seperate auction on Ebay , I won this single photograph of the Hitlerjugend from Bann "CHINA" . When I recieve it , hopefully I can get a clearer scan showing the armdreieck.

Attachments

Last edited:
Just got the photo in .
This diffently shows non Aryan looking HJ . I am trying to get a good scan of the triangles . So far this is the best I can get . The triangles do look handmade and you can see that some are different sizes also .

Attachments

Last edited:
More photos

Attachments

This is a very interesting thread, I have been looking for the AH School in Havana, Cuba. I saw reference to it in a book once on the AO-NSDAP

Back