Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Gebiet China Shanghai

Problibly one of the rarest photo albums conserning the Hitlerjugend listed on Ebay ended today .
    Most of the photos were the day to day family photos and scenery shots , however ; a few were really nice , including a documented photo of the " CHINA "Bannfahn .
    I have copied these photos during the auction and have saved them for for this forum as research /historical material only. I would hope that a member of our forum won the 3 seperate photo albums . If so please come forward and post better scans when you recieve the albums .

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joecool; 28th April 2013 at 09:51 PM.

More photos , if you enlarge some of the photos , you can see a few of these HJ/BDM members are part asain .

More photos , a couple that show documents .

HJ Gebietsdreieck " China Schanghai " listed on Wietze for 1,750 euro .

It would be interesting to see if any of the photos show the triangle worn in detail. I've always been suspicious of that one at Weitze, it's been there for a long time. Thanks for showing the photos Joe, very unique. What did the albums fetch in terms of price?

211,00EUR ... 107,00EUR and 88,00EUR . Each album had 11 to 15 bids each . I am not comfortable with Weitzes triangle either . I wonder what these albums would have gone for if the had original insignia in them .

I count 144 HJ and BDM , This number might generate a Gefolgschaft not a Bann . I believe that considering the small number of German businessmen and a few Embassy personal that brought their families with them to China during the 1920s to 30s ... some of them may have married Chinese women , seeing that a few of these children look asian to me . I believe that there might not have been a Gefolgschaft and maybe only a Bannfahn was issued for political/propaganda purposes for the international media during the time period .
    Last edited by joecool; 29th April 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Asian looking HJ

Thanks for showing, very interesting indeed.

Cheers

Yes, I would love to know who got it. Atually the prices were quite alright. The few large format photos would fetch a good price on ebay individually. I offered the seller a good price for all three parts and expressedmy willingness to keep all three parts together. However, the seller never replied.

I would not be surprised if the album will be taken apart and we will see some of the very interesting photos on websites of well known dealers ...

Rgds

Daniel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast