Italian Marine Youth Cap Tally

Thanks Received
I would like to share this cap tally of the Marine Youth of Italy. At least this is what I believe it to be although I have no photos of it in wear. If anybody has more information or comments, I would appreciate it very much. Beizen7

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi, this ribbon is for the tally cap of the Marinaretti della G.I.L. - a pre-navy organisation for kids from 8 years old. Balilla kids could sign up for this. Here's the full uniform from a period table and a picture.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Pat
it is not easy to answer your question. I'll ask in one of our local forums. I know only that from 1933 to 1934 ( XII year of the fascist era) there were 70.000 marinaretti, of which 26.000 later attended the qualification courses for specialty (gunner, etc). Basically the italian Youth worked on similar criteria of the DJ,HJ. You can find an organisation scheme in one of my posts in this same subforum.

The only guy I'm aware of that really knows marine cap tallies is Dani Faulk, but I have not seen him post here yet. :(

Dani will be coming back. He is at sea and not available right now but you should see him posting again in 4-6 weeks.

John Robinson

Hi, this ribbon is for the tally cap of the Marinaretti della G.I.L. - a pre-navy organisation for kids from 8 years old. Balilla kids could sign up for this. Here's the full uniform from a period table and a picture.

Hello Zeller,

Thank you very much for the information and images about this organization. Very helpful indeed.

John

You can find an organisation scheme in one of my posts in this same subforum.

I searched this subforum for the organization scheme but could not find it nor when I searched your threads and most of your posts could I find it. Could you direct me to where it is located.

John Robinson

Back