Jahrbuch der Deutschen Jugend in Ungarn 1943

....It can't have existed before June 1941 because that was when the Deutsche Jugend Ungarn was formed.
Talking about when the DJ was formed in Hungary, in summer 1941 as you said... but.. did you ever see this before :swiss
It was for the 29th June "Gründungstag in Mágocs, the Landesjugendtag !

Manufactured by Fricker in Budapest, painted aluminum.

More info (as well as period paper images robbed from..)
NeuigkInstZeitg
3. Kapitel: Die Entwicklung Vemends seit 1900 bis zur Gegenwart
..and of course the book that Garry mentioned - P.303.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Erster Landesjugendtag 1941

Hello,
fantastic tinnie Jo.
Here ia a picture of the booklet to this event.
It has 48 pages with a lot of pictures.
Best Regards

Attachments

Of note - to the disbelievers - the needle on this, what i think is a very rare tinnie, is not knurled :swiss
Just an observation.

Hi Daniel,

The red/white/gold sunwheel badge is likely to date to 1942 at the earliest (not sure exactly when it was introduced but it definitely existed in 19421). It can't have existed before June 1941 because that was when the Deutsche Jugend Ungarn was formed.

The badge probably came into existence after the 1st of April 1942 when the organisation achieved official recognition (albeit with some restrictions2). Does anyone have a more exact date of introduction for the badge?

1 "The badge is similar to the HJ badge, diamond-shaped with a golden sunwheel" - Die Stimme der Minderheiten, March-April 1942 p23
2Der Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn 1938 - 1944 unter Horthy und Hitler, Norbert Spannenberger
3Nation und Staat; deutsche Zeitschrift fur das europaische minoritatenproblem, Volume 17 p271.
Garry, i forgot, the answer to these questions is in the back of the book i sent you. (The membership badge in particular)
The flags/symbols as well as the first time the Sonnenrad flag was carried/shown (3 June 1941) are also mentioned here.

Erster Landesjugendtag 1941

Here are some pics from inside.

Attachments

Cheers Alois
I think that these images are all in the book i just lent to Garry.

Has anyone seen another Ungarn - DJ tinnie like i posted?:thumb:

Attachments

Last edited:
Garry, i forgot, the answer to these questions is in the back of the book i sent you. (The membership badge in particular)
The flags/symbols as well as the first time the Sonnenrad flag was carried/shown (3 June 1941) are also mentioned here.

Hi Jo,

There is a reference to the round Volksbund badge on p444 but I don't see the date of introduction for the diamond-shaped badge worn by the Deutsche Jugend in Hungary mentioned. It may well be in the book somewhere but I haven't found it yet. The only reference I've found so far that specifically mentions the youth badge and a date is "Die Stimme der Minderheiten" from March-April 1942 (p23): "The badge is similar to the HJ badge, diamond-shaped with a golden sunwheel".

I love the tinnie by the way :) Is it in your collection?

Oh jumping golly wogs, the round membership is what i meant :swiss
OK, so you mean the diamond with sun wheel. Maybe there is some mention of it, i dont remember reading about it at all in the book, but maybe there is something said?

Yes, the tinnie is mine.

DJ 1

Here a very rare picture of Deutsche Jugend Ausland. What surprises me. The boy is wearing SS Patch.
It is precisely at Militaria321.
Best Regards

Attachments

Back