Jahrbuch der Deutschen Jugend in Ungarn 1943

Thanks Received
Jahrbuch der Deutschen Jugend in Ungarn 1943
Hello

A interesting booklet whose subject is about Hungarian HJ

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Attachments

Thanks Garry. It is unfortunately not annotated. I try also to obtain more infos about this membership badge. He probably was produced, but in red or green as the collectors consensus says ? Red IMHO.

Attachments

Last edited:
Going back some years now but I once owned the corresponding youth proficiency badge.

Best,
Toby.

Attachments

Thanks for the add Toby. A rarity for those who are interested by the subject!

Thanks Garry. It is unfortunately not annotated. I try also to obtain more infos about this membership badge. He probably was produced, but in red or green as the collectors consensus says ? Red IMHO.
Only Red of course, like the Red DJ-Kroatien badge, the Red Slowakei badges, like the Red NSAN and the Red LJO badges. The Green, Blue and Black badges are pure fantasy, as are 95-99% of all the Red Hungarian Membership badges on the market today. Very rare and nice items to have, IF you can find an original.

Only Red of course, like the Red DJ-Kroatien badge, the Red Slowakei badges, like the Red NSAN and the Red LJO badges. The Green, Blue and Black badges are pure fantasy, as are 95-99% of all the Red Hungarian Membership badges on the market today. Very rare and nice items to have, IF you can find an original.

Thanks to have confirm my opinion

Speaking of HJ in Hungary, I just bought this photo off Ebay today. Hopefully when I get it I can scan and zoom in on the stuff they are wearing. Hard to tell what the clothes are, maybe just civilian.

Attachments

Please find attached a cropped letter of the Hungarian HJ, dated early 1937 and in my collection. As you can see they still had the standard HJ sign. Not sure when they introduced you have posted (and which were new to me o be honest).

@Garry: do you have any list of the Landesjugendführer Ungarn? If so, could you pls let me/us know who was it in early 1937?

Daniel

Attachments

Please find attached a cropped letter of the Hungarian HJ, dated early 1937 and in my collection. As you can see they still had the standard HJ sign. Not sure when they introduced you have posted (and which were new to me o be honest).

@Garry: do you have any list of the Landesjugendführer Ungarn? If so, could you pls let me/us know who was it in early 1937?

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The red/white/gold sunwheel badge is likely to date to 1942 at the earliest (not sure exactly when it was introduced but it definitely existed in 19421). It can't have existed before June 1941 because that was when the Deutsche Jugend Ungarn was formed.

The badge probably came into existence after the 1st of April 1942 when the organisation achieved official recognition (albeit with some restrictions2). Does anyone have a more exact date of introduction for the badge?

The first DJ-Landesjugendführer was Mathias Huber. He was succeeded by Robert Kohler (previously the DJ-Stabsleiter) in 19433

The letter you have there with the standard HJ membership badge indicates perhaps that there was a Reichsdeutsche Jugend im Ausland formation in Hungary in 1937 but I don't have anything on that.

1 "The badge is similar to the HJ badge, diamond-shaped with a golden sunwheel" - Die Stimme der Minderheiten, March-April 1942 p23
2Der Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn 1938 - 1944 unter Horthy und Hitler, Norbert Spannenberger
3Nation und Staat; deutsche Zeitschrift fur das europaische minoritatenproblem, Volume 17 p271.

Garry, do you have this book? Its a cracking source for "evidence" especially the photos and pages at the back :) i`ve read it twice now, it`s exactly what i was looking for when researching the round Membership badges for the Volksbund der D. in Ungarn. Der Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn 1938 - 1944 unter Horthy und Hitler, Norbert Spannenberger

It's one on my long library wish list Jo :) The list gets longer every time I use Google books and find some useful snippet... Every now and again I order one of the books on my list and the last one was Buddrus' Totale Erziehung für den Totalen Krieg a couple of weeks ago.

If you want to "lend" mine, i`ll mail it to you. I dont need it for a while. It really has Absolute Cracking info it.

Back