NS NORWAY BADGE REAL ?

Thanks Received
ANYONE in NORWAY WHO CAN CONFIRM THIS BADGE, I know it is hard to find a real one hoping this is it :canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I Know this is an old topic, but in case you're still wondering, or in case someone stumbles on this later...

I believe this is a British-made fake, several types of fakes started coming out of England around the 70's. Norwegian Ravens used three very thin wires, that are more often missing than present... here are a couple of images of original NS Youth badges, as you can see one is missing the prongs. The non-painted Sun Cross variant was used by the youth naval group, the painted ones by the other youth group factions...

Attachments

I should have elaborated a bit more...the pattern of the emblem you showed also isn't the youth pattern, it was used by the Rikshird, the Nasjonal Samling's version of the SA and was gold in color. I have read that the GSSN wore a silver version very early on but have not seen an original, it was worn very briefly before the GSSN switched to the cloth skulls on their caps.

Another commonly seen repro out of England has an enamel sun cross. Enamel was never used on cap emblems, unfortunately, because it does look rather appealing and is probably why so many people grab them in hope they are original.

Here is a photo showing an original Rikshird emblem between two of my youth emblems. I was fortunate enough to pick up two of each of the youth emblems a few months ago, but can't seem to find anyone with Nasjonal Samling items to trade with! Notice how most of the silver wash is also absent...incredibly common with these youth emblems

Attachments

Back