NSUF Norwegian Youth

outstanding info would you consider starting an article in that section on your marvellous collection this needs to be saved and added upon as it is very rare to get this much info with pics on the foreign aspect on the youth movement

:canada:

Thanks Paul :001_smile:
Maybe i give it a try later on? At the moment im trying my best collecting this material and also collecting information about the different NS organisations during the war.
One of the most interesting aspects about it is the close connection between the youth movements in Norway and Germany during the period.
Here is still much information to be gathered.
I will make sure to post my findings here.:001_smile:

Best regards
Gunnar

Thanks Garry and Paul :001_smile:

The badge was issued for the Hitlerjugend exhibition held in Oslo in 1941.
It does not have a needle and is as far as i know the only 'polett' issued under the NS collaboration regime.

I’m still looking for Norwegian related Youth badges and insignia, and here is a picture of my latest acquisition. (the one on top).
It is an armband used by the SMÅHIRD (Girls between 10-14 years) + YOUNGHIRD (Boys between 10-14) and the GJENTEHIRD (Girls between 14-18).
The on at the bottom is the one previous pictured, and is for the NSUF- UNGHIRD (Boys between 14-18 years).

Best regards
Gunnar

Hi Gunnar,

Was it this exhibition by any chance?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thanks Gary :001_smile:

Yes that is an article from the event held in Oslo in February 1941.
As stated in the article Arthur Axmann were opening the exhibition.
This exhibition was also held in the Norwegian town of Bergen later that year.
I can only speculate but i guess that Axmann invited the contingent from NSUF to participate in the Kampfspiele event later the same month in Garmisch when he visited Oslo.
This must be the first attempts of cultural exchange between the youth movements in Germany and Norway during the war.There were others later on.

Best regards
Gunnar

Im still looking for youth related items to the Norwegian NS organization, and here are a picture of a grouping i managed to by this winter.
The grouping includes a NS members book with members needle + armband marked with name of owner and "Jentehird" (Girls Hird) + a members card from the Norsk-Tysk Selskap organization. (you can see the members needle in a pic earlier in this tread)
All items belonged to the same girl.
She was also a supporting member of the GSSN (Germanske SS Norge), but the member’s book and needle have been sold to a different collector.
Oddly enough she got her membership in all 3 organizations during summer 1944...very late and consider how the war was going...i guess not the smartest thing to do..(She was 18 years..)
In the picture of the lot is also a members badge for the "Jentehird" in mint condition...not a part of this lot.

Best regards
Gunnar

Attachments

Last edited:
hi realy nice (jag försöker hitta mer nsuf saker men det är svårt o dyrt) regards tomas

Back