Wehrertüchtigungslager der germanischen Jugend

Thanks Received
I’m looking for more information on the Wehrertüchtigungslager der germanischen Jugend. If I’m not mistaken there where only three of such WEL between April 1943 and September 1944? The WEL Stegekopf, Heiligenstadt and Seeblick?
Does somebody know between when and when the Lehrgänge on these WEL where held?
How many boys where in these WEL?
Who where the Lagerführern and other personal of these WEL?

Hi Mike,

Germanische Jugend WE Lager as at 29.Mai 1943:

G1
Stegekopf, Westerwald Rhein
Wehrkreis XII

G 2
Heiligenstadt, Thüringen Fulda
Wehrkreis IX

G 3
Seeblick, Kärnten Alpenland
Wehrkreis XVIII

I'll have a look through my other stuff and if I come up with anything more I'll get it up here.

Haen (a vet here on the forum) may well have some info so hopefully he'll see this too.

Nope. I don't have anything else. Did you get in touch with Haen?

Wehrertuchtigungslager

There was one at Millstattersee (close to Seeblick) that also was used for foreign youth.
Th weird thing however was that in Dec. 1943 -January 1944 they seemed to be unaware that they were designated as such.
The local N.S.V ( Nat.Soc.Women Soc.) actually made a cufftitle for me, based on my description because there wasn't any available.
MUCH later I heard from new W.SS recruits that they had been to a W.E.L. for Germanische Jugend in Austria, named Milstattersee.
HN

W.E.lager

There was one at Millstattersee (close to Seeblick) that also was used for foreign youth.
Th weird thing however was that in Dec. 1943 -January 1944 they seemed to be unaware that they were designated as such.
The local N.S.V ( Nat.Soc.Women Soc.) actually made a cufftitle for me, based on my description because there wasn't any available.
MUCH later I heard from new W.SS recruits that they had been to a W.E.L. for Germanische Jugend in Austria, named Milstattersee.
HN
Does anybody have a picture of a W.E.lager / I would like to include that in my book Chameleon, as an example.
Thanks.
P.M.me or e-mail docney@msn.com
Haen

I remember an interview I've had with a former Dutch HJ-member. He told me they were send in 1943 to a WE-Lager, but he couldn't remember where and exactly when. He told me they were all asked to join the Waffen-SS. The whole class (German, Dutch and German/Dutch boys) refused.

Anyway, did these boys join one of the Lagers mentioned above?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Attachments

Back