Böhmen-Mähren March Armband

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I know that some of you remember this photo of an unusual HJ March armband a year ago . I found what might be the only surviving example of the armband last week on ebay . The armband says Grossfahrt Bohman-Mahren above a red "V" then below that Gebiet Mittelelbe (23) and below that 1941 .
It has been cut down and glued inside a photo album along with a few other strange looking march armbands . By the way .... I won this auction . I am sorry now that I did not win the photo album last year that showed the photos of it being worn . I copied the period photos at the time the auction was posted on Ebay 18 months ago .
I will post better photos when this great item arrives .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Very cool item Joe! I really like these odd HJ insignia items. Congrats on the win, I bet most did not even notice this or give it a second look.

Great buy Joe, the photos above were original photo negatives which I sold on e-bay (I know I should have sold them on here to you guys, sorry), if any consolation I have around another 50 negatives of this March and parade some of them showing the Hj and Party leaders wearing these armbands. If you want I will post them on this thread and you can grab scans of them, Hope that's OK,
Edd

Here's some photos as promised from the Böhmen-Mähren March, with the general assembly in Prague. It would be interesting if anyone can identify any of the people on the podium,
Edd

Attachments

Attachments

No Problem, Garry only to pleased to share these images with everyone. Here's a few more

Attachments

Attachments

For some reason or another , it took a month for the photo album to get to me from Germany , The album contains 3 different March armbands for 1938 , 1939 and 1941 . They are all of printed patterns . Unfortunatly The original owner used sticky tape to cover the lettering and to stick the armbands to the album . I have managed to remove the tape with minimal damage . Also there are aprox 10 pages that are missing from this album as they were torn out . Most of the photos in the album are scenic views of what the boys saw while on the marches . One photo shows the HJ boy wearing one of the March armbands for the March of 1938 . Regardless of the misshaps , I am totally thrilled with what this album contains . I will be out for the next 5 hours , but apon my return , I will post photos of the album .

Here you go , starting with the first armband from 1938 .

Attachments

The second armband from the March of 1939 .

Attachments

...and the third March armband from 1941 , unfortunatley the photoalbum had aprox 10 pages torn out of it and this armband was affixed to the back cover . I asume that there might have been a drawing and explanation about the event that merited the wearing of this armband . But I will take it as is ... in the cut down condition .

I have never seen in my 37 years of collecting , March event armbands before , I am sure they are very scarce . Unless I can be proven wrong .. I will say that the Bohmen Mahren armband might be the sole surviving example ( I hope I will be proven wrong) It is really cool that another member from this forum had photos showing its documented existence .

I hope everyone has enjoyed this thread , it was a real pleasure sharing with you all . There are more photos , but the rest are all scenec views .

Attachments

Last edited:
Back