Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    No Problem, Garry only to pleased to share these images with everyone. Here's a few more

img905.jpg Copy of img541.jpg img157.jpg Copy of img548.jpg 550.jpg

Very interesting pictures!
    Thank you for sharing.

For some reason or another , it took a month for the photo album to get to me from Germany , The album contains 3 different March armbands for 1938 , 1939 and 1941 . They are all of printed patterns . Unfortunatly The original owner used sticky tape to cover the lettering and to stick the armbands to the album . I have managed to remove the tape with minimal damage . Also there are aprox 10 pages that are missing from this album as they were torn out . Most of the photos in the album are scenic views of what the boys saw while on the marches . One photo shows the HJ boy wearing one of the March armbands for the March of 1938 . Regardless of the misshaps , I am totally thrilled with what this album contains . I will be out for the next 5 hours , but apon my return , I will post photos of the album .

Looking forward to seeing the pictures Joe

great pick up also some great detective work with outstanding results everyone will be looking out for one of these now

Here you go , starting with the first armband from 1938 .
    Attached Images Attached Images

The second armband from the March of 1939 .

Nice pics Joe, look forward to seeing the others

...and the third March armband from 1941 , unfortunatley the photoalbum had aprox 10 pages torn out of it and this armband was affixed to the back cover . I asume that there might have been a drawing and explanation about the event that merited the wearing of this armband . But I will take it as is ... in the cut down condition .

I have never seen in my 37 years of collecting , March event armbands before , I am sure they are very scarce . Unless I can be proven wrong .. I will say that the Bohmen Mahren armband might be the sole surviving example ( I hope I will be proven wrong) It is really cool that another member from this forum had photos showing its documented existence .

I hope everyone has enjoyed this thread , it was a real pleasure sharing with you all . There are more photos , but the rest are all scenec views .
    Last edited by joecool; 18th June 2012 at 06:00 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast