Thanks Thanks:  0

High grade wool

JUST GOT THIS ARMBAND IN TODAY. IT IS MADE OF WOOL VERY HEAVY GOOD CONSTRUCTION VERY MUCH LIKE THE SS VERSION.
    I WOULD THINK THIS WAS A LEADERS ARMBAND. TO BAD ABOUT THE HEAVY STAINS DEFINITELY BEEN THERE. THOUGHTs PLEASE

Attached Images Attached Images

Please login to view user info
    Hi Paul

I have 2 of this pattern . I will post a few scans soon .
    1 is complete and the other has been cut down .

Looks like someone tried to clean it and the color bled through into the white. Pity they should have left it alone.

yes that appears to be what has happened but long ago . To bad for a scarce type

Have tried to find one of the wool armbands for a long time. Well, sometime I will get one. Have to be on the rigth place at the right moment.

Never mind the condition Paul, you have a nice wool HJ armband there

Nick

thanks guys any thoughts as to if it is for higher level leaders ?

I knew I had a pic on my HD somewhere.. Here's a woollen armband on an early Scharführer Paul. The second pic shows Obergebietsführer Emil Klein wearing an armband that has a 'thick' look to it but whether it's your type I couldn't say.

I can't find anything in my stuff here which gives a definitive answer one way or the other as the higher leader clothing regulations I have just say 'HJ armband' (HJ Armbinde). I would think though that the unfinished look of the white strip on yours would perhaps not be an armband a higher leader would wear as you'd be able to see that gap as he moved his arm.

2a2e_3.JPG tippel0077.jpg

great pics the one showing Gebietsführer Emil Klein looks identical
    to my example. I would think this wool type would cost considerably more than the linen type but could be a very early issue

Nice armband Paul.It`s a real shame someone tried to wash it.
    I saw one of these that had already been sold last week but it still had the description up. i`ll see if i can find it again & post it here if i do.