Hitler Youth HJ armband with odd RZM label

Thanks Received
hello guys, whats the opinions on this armbands tag from the HJ collectors? would this be an RZM period armband? armbands of this construction came through the RZM? anything in the regs Garry? i cant see why an armband of this make up should carry any tag atall but i know nothing!! and trying to learn! :h

we all know the common bevo woven RZM style of HJ armband with paper rzm like this one below, did the RZM make other styles of band with RZM tag?

alot of questions and i fear no concrete answers, i dont like this cloth style tag and all that takes is common sense!!

whats your thoughts guys?

oh and have a check at the tag on the banner Jo shows from manions yes the item number font is different and the makers number not stamped but it could be an older fake then the armband one fakers are always gonna try and perfect there craft!

thanks for any opinions on this

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

here is the one from manions, its the same type of material to my eyes? why a standard paper RZM tag stuck on a geflogschafts fahne and then this fugly rock solid piece of heavy faded cloth in a an armband? :i give up:

Attachments

would this be an RZM period armband? armbands of this construction came through the RZM? anything in the regs Garry? i cant see why an armband of this make up should carry any tag atall but i know nothing!! and trying to learn! :h

Well, it complies with the 1936 manufacturing instructions certainly in terms of the physical construction. The RZM instruction states that the white central strip, the white swastika quadrant and the swastika were all separate pieces sewn onto a red base. Obviously this one doesn't look like the BeVo type but nevertheless it is fine in terms of construction. What would be useful to know are the dimensions of the armband you show above because to get that RZM label, the item had to comply with prevailing instructions (obviously). My feeling about the armband you show is that the label has been slapped on by someone post-war. Especially if it was stuck on over the stitching. Anyway, the 1936 RZM regulation gives the dimensions of the multi-part armbands as follows:

This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

hey mate, thanks for your opinion/info i will ask that collector for sizes for curiosity! what do you think of that tag and the material its made from? original tags made like that for HJ armbands?

BTW mate, once i sort a paypal account out i will be back to full member!!!

spent more on a take away last night ;)

cheers again mate

No probs Ewan :) Yes, that label material is odd. The only label types I know of are paper, cloth and those waterproof cloth labels you see in certain items like the bread bag. The one on that armband seems to be made of some soft cloth or paper. I don't remember seeing that type before but I read somewhere that manufacturers had no control over the labels they received from the RZM so if that is a good label that might be the reason for this deviation from normal paper. I don't know enough about RZM labels to answer that though.

hey Garry, i dont know enough either but the tag material is the same as the one on the banner at manions that Jo showed and its easy seen as a fake, but is it a fake of the original one in the armband? who knows! why if the RZM used these cloth tags on multi armbands do we not see alot more tags in the multi construction armbands? we will never know!

and i know the oil cloth tags your speaking of i have owned them in several caps! these for sure are not the same as the above and much more quality!

armbands owner posted this:
Mmmmmm i have always thought label was a fake yet i got this armband out of a ww2 photo album even white threads under it are clean its been there a long time ?

me
sadly not an indication of originality of a piece these days my friend! that could have been put on there in 1979! just enjoy the original band you got, (me myself would take it out)

band owner
Yea you are right the dealer i got it from did mess around with his stock sadly he is no longer with us i knew him from age of 9 thats 45 years ago OUCH I will be taking out label to easy not like the glues they used on originals THANK YOU FOLKS FOR INFO SO FAR.

Bob Coleman posts some days later
The tag on the armband that started this thread is a period original with a proper "B" RZM code for a cotton product. Fakes are often copied from genuine examples. From just the image,I do not care for the second example.

at the same time his fellow mods are starting threads about backing your comment up with solid info or some points of experience, one rule for one and another for another there so i WILL NEVER give that forum another cent of my money, period.

the second tag he is speaking off is the easy seen repro above on the banner.

i like how the owner says and then pm me to tell me that the tag comes off easy :w00t: but its stayed in there all these decades of hard use to fade it and wear the tag away but it comes of so easy, as its not glued like originals! :bounce:

haha you would think it was my armband, all this typing, my fingers now hurt! :pound:

wheres Mr Rivett and his common sense, i miss him when has to work lol

I tend to not like the tag either. Looks to be a real armband with a tag added....

Looks like it is made from the same material as those fantasy Holocaust armbands are. Similar Armband here, from this thread.

And judging by the way the white band had obviously been trimmed by Boris-the-Animal, after a hard nights drinking,(and sewn together by his mum in law, who was also drinking that night)..... taking into account the tag, but excluding possible user-substance-abuse at the time of posting, i would use it to wipe up after me in the gents room, thats about it really.
As for the tag, well, good item bogus tag? (stuck into an album? yet tampered with?) or bogus item plus bogus tag to make bogus item look good? who knows, it is a WC candidate for sure!

Attachments

...As for the tag, well, good item bogus tag? (stuck into an album? yet tampered with?) or bogus item plus bogus tag to make bogus item look good?

I'm plumping for bogus tag on this one but measuring the armband against the figures I gave above will show straight away whether it ever deserved a real RZM tag.

I have my money on boris, but have been known to change bets at the last moment, and even rob the bookies afters as well.

I'm plumping for bogus tag on this one but measuring the armband against the figures I gave above will show straight away whether it ever deserved a real RZM tag.

bogus tag for sure on an original non rzm armband, still like the band and i would also buy it it never had an ugly tag!

bobs found his glasses, now agrees, no sorry for strongly disagreeing nor telling members to just have to trust him!! or oking a sorry item like that tag...

The photos of the tag are awful in quality IMO. If asking for opinions a person should post clear crisp photos if they have the item in hand. Blurred out of focus images are not good. I've not seen a tag like that one, but then again I've not seen everything. The criss cross pattern is really weird to me.

agreed, with all due respect mate that is no excuse, course we havent seen everything and we never will but that shouldnt let us open to thoughts of that crap could be good,come on! the details arent even printed crisp never mind the photo... :thumb:

Last edited:
Back