HJ Armband

JME

Thanks Received
HJ Armband

I don’t know what this Armband is and hope somebody can tell me. Thank you in advance for your input. JME

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I do believe that printed armbands for the HJ were produced during the period , however ; there is to much controvercy surrounding them so I tend to stay away . Save your money and spend 75 dollars for a bevo armband without any explanations .

According to Angolia this is a 'Special Event Gefolgschaft' armband. Keep in mind that this all comes from Angolia's HJ and no reference is without error or incorrect information. I've seen these before, some people say they are good and others pure fantasy. I'm on the fence, if it was cheap I might take a chance, knowing it may not be period or a fantasy item. This is what the text in Angolia's HJ Vol1 pages 184-185 says regarding the Einsatzgefolgschaft. Note that Angolia mentions period photos of the armband in wear but fails to show one in the book also.

'A series of armbands can be observed in period photographs being worn by members of the Hitler Youth. These were largely worn during a temporary duty or special event activity, and are designed to identify wearers as authorized persons in the performance of those duties. Some of those observed are as follows:

'Einsatz-Gefolgschaft' (Gefolgschaft at Special Assignment). black printed block letter title on the white field of the standard HJ armband.

The Einsatzgefolgschaft was constituted by order Nr. 1 (dated 28 January 1938) of the Stabsfuhrer of the RJF with the executive order (dated 25 March 1938) of the RJF organisational department.

It was constituted in major cities such as Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, etc. for special duties such as honor guards etc.

Each consisted of 120 boys remained assigned to thier respective units, but were listed for rapid assembly when the Einsatzgefolgschaft was required for duty.

Members had to be at least 1.68m tall (HJ) or 1.55m tall (DJ), wear no eyeglasses and have earned the Leistungsabzeichen.

Each Einsatzgefolgschaft had it's own unit colors (with honorary name -Ehrenname- assigned), and usually had the best drum and fife corps in the region.

It was required that each member store a new uniform to be issued in the event the unit was called to duty.

A special cuff title bearing the honorary name (as found on the flag) was worn on the lower left sleeve. The order made no mention of the listed armband'

First off thank you all very much for your help! I have had this Armband for a long time, which came out of an old collection. I am not sure myself but lean more on the positive and keep it for now in my collection. We do know a lot but then again we know very little. Maybe some day we will find out more.
Thanks again for your help in input! JME

Back