HJ Grouping, Early armband??

Thanks Received
Hi folks. I have a small grouping that was from the family of the HJ member, the Knife is an early one (I am a blade guy in education) and the armband looks pretty early to, to my untrained eye's. In the picture the boy looks to be an Luftwaffe helfer? What do you guys think of this one and the meaning of the number inside? Any and all opinions appreciated! :clap2: Kevin

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

One more pic of the pic!:lol:

Attachments

Hi Kevin,

I'm always wary of giving opinions on items like HJ armbands because they are so easy to copy/fake. Going purely on what we can see in your pictures the armband sits more comfortably in the earlier period due to its construction (period manufacturing instructions from 1934 support this). The fact that there appears to be no visible evidence of securing stitches (to keep the armband in position) could be another indicator of the early period.

It has a nice look to it. If it is from the earlier period as its appearance suggests then clearly the question must be asked of whether the boy pictured would have worn it as he is shown in Flakhelfer uniform which of course late-war.

I can't help with the tag unfortunately.

The armband is nice and I tend to agree with Garry.
As for the tag, I have it on various clothing too It is always red on white. I think it cannot help to determine the period,though.
Interestingly when I attended the Naval Academy we used to stitch the very same numbers on all our clothing too, including socks. Red number on white background.

THANKS for the opinions guys. I like this armband alot,it is very small in comparison to my other printed (not multi piece) more typical one. Very child sized! Kevin.

Back