HJ medic armband opinions

Thanks Received
Opinions please for this HJ medic arm band - I see it has 2 different sewing marks to attach the cloth badge to the arm band?

thanks for your help
mike

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Odd construction. Most are woven. This does not appear to be a regulation version for me, so the RZM tag makes me suspicious.

Seen this same non regulation one a few times, which for me being a home made type like this is a bad sign. Plus a RZM tag on something like this doesn't belong there. It's not RZM quality at all IMO

Not for my collection . When it comes to insignia or uniform kit items ... stick with regulation pattern , they are easier to sell later on .

WAF is too big and things like this can slip through. The best way perhaps would be to create a thread over there to discuss the armband and to get the seller involved. Feel free to link to our discussion here and also to this one.

Agree with Garry. I've seen plenty of good items and also bad listed on the Estand there. Know your items no matter where you are buying IMO.

I pointed it out when the guy posted the whole group, and I think 1 other person said it was bad. But it's still listed as good. So I did point it out in the past.

Okay, but did you post a link to the discussion I mentioned in post 4 and 7 above? That thread shows what was introduced for the Hitler Youth according to regulations that were still extant in 1943. Would further armbands have been issued after 1943? Debatable in my opinion but your seller has the burden of proof. He must show that his armband is for a HJ-Feldscher.

I can't see either of the threads you mentioned. Can you post the links please?

Thanks. I mentioned it in post #7 but on WAF it makes sense sometimes to start new threads in order to discuss things like this armband but having said that, the mods over there rarely push anyone to respond. As is unfortunately so often the case, the seller is simply ignoring any reservations. He has ignored our discussion and will plough ahead with the sale because apart from you, no one involved over there really cares that this type of armband isn't mentioned in the regulations. That on its own doesn't mean that his armband isn't authentic but it is information about which potential buyers should be made aware.

Now marked "sold" on the WAF Estand, after several reductions to the price of $225. Not an RZM item in any way IMO. Possibly handmade but that RZM tag is spuriously added at best. Hopefully the buyer understands what they have purchased.

Back