Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Please login to view user info
    Found this on a Eastern European forum. Shows what each type should look like in color. Not exactly sure where they got this info, but a few members there have some examples of these. One was very believable, being the Galician one.

The diagram:

??????.jpg

The colors for the armbands are described in the magazine "Deutsche Uniformen-Zeitschrift"
    from August 1944, page 4. They were not described as Flakhelfer but as SS-Helfer and as
    SS-Luftwaffenhelfer
    (Jugendlicher des Ostens). All together they were phrased as Zöglinge der SS.

So, it is easy to make drawing reconstructions of all the armbands. The colors in fact are taken
    from their flags or their traditional colors!

By the way, the colors are also to be found/mentioned in "The Hitler Youth"
    by David Littlejohn, pages 270 and 271.

All are made with a sewn patch onto the main armband right?

Quote Originally Posted by kylesbullets View Post
    All are made with a sewn patch onto the main armband right?
    No idea. It is not mentioned. Personally I have doubts with the vaque printed armbands, but if sewn
    armbands were made is the question that late in the war (summer 1944)!
    For specific items there were no longer available raw materials for woven products since about
    September 1944. Flags fell under this order and so may be armbands.

Quote Originally Posted by wilhelm saris View Post
    No idea. It is not mentioned. Personally I have doubts with the vaque printed armbands, but if sewn
    armbands were made is the question that late in the war (summer 1944)!
    For specific items there were no longer available raw materials for woven products since about
    September 1944. Flags fell under this order and so may be armbands.
    So that very well could mean that printed ones exist right?. Everyone that I have found while doing searches have been printed, minus the ones from Russia, which I've seen mostly sewn, but still a printed one. I will share some photos and period photos of all the different ones I found later. The printed ones I have found are more crude then the printed ones I see around often. All have flaws in the ink when printing.

I believe these are original examples of each type. In order:
    Estonian,

flakhelfer estonian.jpg

Russian (both a solid printed one and a 2 piece.

image2.jpg
    011.JPG

Galician

my collection- Flak helper in Frame.jpg

Belarus

006.jpg

Ukraine

img_174643_309.jpg

I'll be honest and say that this one is a bit iffy, but either way I think it's good enough to show what one might look like. This is a variation of the Latvian type. It's seen in period photos as well. The symbol is the military crest of Latvia.

latvian.jpg
    latvian.jpg

Still on the hunt for finding a possibly original Latvian, Lithuanian, and Crimean one in color.

Another one on the block. Reminds me of the Galician and printed Russian above:

arm bands for review - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

ab1.JPG ab2.JPG

It also doesn't have the spacing between the swastika and diamond around it issue. It's much closer than the one discussed here originally.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345