Let's talk about printed HJ armbands

Hi, yes stamping was banned in 1936

This then proves the theory more about printed armbands because many are stamped meaning that they were made before or a bit after the standards were made IMO.....

Last edited by a moderator:
This then proves the theory more about printed armbands because many are stamped meaning that they were made before or a bit after the standards were made IMO.....

remember that ink stamps are most commonly added by fakers to enhance their sales potential so never trust anything with ink stamps :canada1

Hello Paul, Ink stamps were legitimate up to a point as I'm sure you know so there will be legitimate stamped armbands in collections and we need to remeber that and not think that every stamped armband must be a fake. Its all about context and examining things on their own merits imo

remember that ink stamps are most commonly added by fakers to enhance their sales potential so never trust anything with ink stamps :canada1
Not everything with an ink stamp is fake. There are many original armbands with ink stamps....

Not everything with an ink stamp is fake. There are many original armbands with ink stamps....

here is two original stamps, these came from ebay uk of all places!!!

father had just passed away and they were being sold both have the vets name inside

has anyone ever seen a one piece velvet swas? serious quality on that one!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Never seen a velvet swastika but that doesn't mean that they don't exist... Both are perfect examples of stamps.

hey mate the photos are really high res but the forums cropped them, i have never seen another one piece velvet swastika on a woolen armband, checked everyone i came across over the years and nothing!

the stamps have reichspostdirection oldenburg on them, the one on the red nsdap armband seems to have an imperial style eagle stamp, for sure nice originals :)

So we don't hijack this thread post them in the stammtisch section I guess? Don't know where you would post them here....

Just reading the 1934 book "Bekleidung u. Ausrüstung der HJ" (Clothing and Equipment of the HJ) at the moment and found something interesting on the armband. I don't know why I never picked up on this but hey, better late than never. The armband described in that reference is a printed armband. This is what the description says:

"The armband has three bands in red-white-red and a black swastika in a white field. Red and black (swastika) are printed ". Also: "colour only to be applied to bleached cloth".

We already had Jo's research showing that printed HJ armbands were around in the early period so the information from the source mentioned above further reinforces that.
This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Havent been on the forum for a while but great to see how this thread has developed Thanks to all of you for your contributions, lots learned here

Thanks from me too. There can be no doubt any more of the existence of printed in the beginning. No guessing or "late-war" needed when primary source is available

Today looking in old photos from my collection did noticed in this one something special: the armband looks like printed!

Attachments

Hi guys - I have just read this old thread, and I would like to show you my printed armband.

It is a bit smaller than my sewn 3-part armband. The sewn 3-part armband measure 21 x 10,5 cm, and the printed only 16,5 x 9 cm. The measure has been taken as folded, like on the pics.

The armband is worn, and has a little damage on the upper crosarm, can be seen on pics.

Is it normal with different sizes on armbands ???

Do you like it ???

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Back