Mystery hj armband vet bring back

Thanks Received
This armband was brought back by my grandfather after ww2. After the war he guarded a pow camp where a german gave him this. It appears to be a normal Nsdap nazi armband, but the rzm tag is unlike anything I have ever seen. There is an hj diamond on the rzm tag. I have no idea what this is. I hope someone will be able to help.
the material is felt I believe.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The tag is a standard H.J. cloth item RZM tag. Earlier tags are printed in blue, later red ink. Odd to see it attached to an NSDAP armband, it does not really belong there.

I agree , armband is an original standard wool NSDAP style with an early HJ Rzm tag added later ... problibly postwar .

Nothing has been done or could have been done to it postwar. The only way anyone could have done something to it is if a german soldier switched the tag and I don't know why they would. It has been in storage along with all my grandfathers other war items since 1945.

Number 1 .... this is an NSDAP armband not HJ ... Number 2 ... We do know what we are talking about on this forum as some of us have been collecting since the 1950s , The Rzm control tag was strict with there regulations and the Hitlerjugend tag does not conform to the NSDAP armband .... Number 3 This is NOT a German soldiers armband .
Nothing has been done or could have been done to it postwar. The only way anyone could have done something to it is if a german soldier switched the tag and I don't know why they would. It has been in storage along with all my grandfathers other war items since 1945.

Last edited:
He came back from Germany in 1945, and all that he brought back with him, went into storage where it has stayed until today? :pound: Maybe you believe that, i certainly do not! It does sound nice though.
I cant comment about your armbinde, but i can say, a story, no matter what kind, has nothing to do with the item. It cannot even be considered into any authentication of this item. I am tempted to go back and edit your posts and erase the Grandfather bit. We dont know you, we dont know your Grandfather, and we dont know what your motives are. (Sounds bad, but is not) You were not around in 1945 when your Grandfather brough his items back, so you have no idea if this armbinde was bought back in 1945, traded in 1955, or purchased from an online catlog in 1965. That is the truth, so no matter what your Grandfather told you, it has no bearing on this item. We need to judge the item, and ONLY the item. Vet bring back stories are for the most part, invented - & plain lies that accompany a strange piece that needs explaining.

Dont take personal offense now, i am not having a go at you, i am just saying why this whole Granddad thing needs to be forgotten about, and ONLY the item judged, sans any fable.

Now what i said above about "needs explaining" is often the case with fantasy or fake items, and usually the explaining is done in the same fashion as you are here, by roping in Uncle Joe or Granddad Felix into the "Solid proof" provenance - effectively judging Uncle Joes word, and ignoring the item, or using what Uncle Joe says to explain the unexplainable.
Does your item need explaining? it certainly does, because there is just no way that an HJ tag should be on this armbinde. I said i cant comment about the authenticity, and i wont, except to say that i, would not buy this piece, even with a signed letter from your Granddad!

As i said, nothing personal. I could fill a book with Uncle Joe stories, i have had these "Vets" talk Bullshit to my face at shows before, i have seen these "vets" getting up to all kinds of no-good. And by now, we have hundreds, if not thousands of forum threads where vet tales have been exposed as lies! So, we need to judge the item in question, and leave off any toppings.

Normally i would not take the time to reply to a thread like this, but i am at work, and bored, so there you go. No spell check on this pc either, so excusé the grammar :)

I'm not asking for an appraisal or someone to just tell me I'm wrong about what I inherited. I am just wondering if anyone has ever seen anything like it or if it is a one of a kind thing. I am a big collector and have never seen one like it in my years of collecting. I know not to buy for the story, and I'm not trying to sell it.

Ok , then except that you have an original NSDAP armband with an added HJ Rzm tag .

Who knows where and when the tag was attached to the armband. I've never seen NSDAP items with H.J. tags. The Saris book has very good information regarding the paper R.Z.M. tags.

It is pretty sad that someone messed up a nice armband, an based on what everyone is saying that my entire family is lying to me.

when I was doing the shows most of the German items I sold where either to German immigrants or vets who regretted that they did not bring something back in 45 and where picking a few things up in 86 :canada1

Back