New Hitler Youth HJ Armband

Thanks Received
My newest. Purchased from a known, respected collector. I was just looking around his inventory and saw this one. Apparently some one applied an adhesive to the back to display or store in a photo album. But I will leave it there. It's not hurting anything.
Thanks for looking. I have been grabbing authentic armbands lately, as they have really been drying up on the collector market. I used to feel guilty about having 'two' 001 Rolleyes I now have 10, and one nice little bicycle pennant. At least I know they will all be taken care of, and if I ever want to part with them, I know members of a certain forum that's members would be good candidates for new owners.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

those markings on the back are unfortunate hey,..but they are on the back.i like these RZM pattern armbands.im sure if you wanted to you could do some research as to what those markings on the back are & very carefully & gingerly remove them,.it just looks like old dried up glue,whoever did that is 2 cans short of a carton im sure.otherwise i like the armband.

si

those markings on the back are unfortunate hey,..but they are on the back.i like these RZM pattern armbands.im sure if you wanted to you could do some research as to what those markings on the back are & very carefully & gingerly remove them,.it just looks like old dried up glue,whoever did that is 2 cans short of a carton im sure.otherwise i like the armband.

si

Thanks Wingman. This is my second armband to have adhesive to the back like this. I could attempt to remove it, but with 70+ year old cloth, I think it is safer to just leave it there, as it does not hurt anything being there. It's not like I plan to wear it or anything. But your right, some people are '2 cans short of a carton'...:h

Veterans often glued items to scrapbooks. Even Colonel Dodkins glued everything to card stock for his research. I would leave it as found, the glue won't show when displayed. Nice original armband.

You are right, armbands as a whole are drying up. There has been a large increase in interest in them for whatever reason in the past couple years. I think the little bit of glue adds character to it, and doesn't affect it when being displayed as said.

Thanks for the kind words on the arm band. And like i said, this is the second HJ armband I have now that has the ubiquitous 4 glue patches on the back. They really don't bother me. And the items being cloth of 70+ years, I am just going to leave them as is.

As for the disappearing armbands in the collector market, I have my theories on that subject. I believe that, like me (who has only been collecting WWII German items for about 6 years), I think that after 70 to 80 years, history buffs such as myself see German WWII era items as fascinating pieces of history. Where as I believe for many years there was only a VERY small subculture of NSDAP collectors. Now, I believe the pool of collectors is expanding at a GREATLY accelerated rate.

I have spoken with a friend who is an antique dealer and he agrees that after over 40 years in the business, he has NEVER seen the interest in WWII German items as popular with collectors as it is now. And it has coincided with the lack of items on the open market. In other words, it is a generational related phenomenon, and more and more pieces are in the hands of collectors instead of dealers.

But that is only a theory.

Thanks again for the kind words on the piece.

Back