New HJ medic (Feldscher) armband "Eigentum Oberster SA-Führung"

Thanks Received
When I first bought this, I thought it was for SA due to the stamping. But it seems that the SA never wore this armband like I thought they did, so I would assume it's HJ, but no clue why it has these stamps. Any ideas? Even has the RZM tag. Length is much longer then I thought I was going to be.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Every single one of these I've seen have this kind of RZM tag. On a different thread here, I asked if these were used by the SA as well as the HJ and apparently they were only worn by the HJ, as the SA wore something different. So can't say anything else about the tag minus that. Maybe someone else knows more? I can show some others with this tag if needed

This design was introduced for the Hitler Youth in 1939 along with the version for doctors and the medical unit flags. I personally think that the SA stamp is a modern embellishment. Why "Property of the Oberste SA-Führung" and not "Property of SA unit xxx" or just "Property of the SA". "Oberste SA-Führung" seems a very grand stamp to use on such a lowly item. The equivalent for the HJ would be to see an armband stamped with "Property of the Reichsjugendführung". Makes no sense to me that an armband would be stamped like this. And then there's also the matter of the RZM tag colour as Darin pointed out.

Isn't Reichsjugendfuehrunga higher statement to put on an armband as well then? I won't defend the stampings 100%, as I'm personally not sure, but showed it to a few other guys, and nobody really complained about the stamp. They all had compliments for it. Attached is some others that use the same tag, so the tag is correct for these.
Weitze:

Hermann Historica:

A friend's personal collection (It is just visible on the right of the rune through the material).

Attachments

Isn't Reichsjugendfuehrunga higher statement to put on an armband as well then?

Indeed it is. I was just using that to illustrate why I wouldn't expect to see a high-level organisation stamp on an item like this armband. I can't prove that an "Oberste SA-Führung" stamp on this armband is wrong but it seems odd to me.

Some proof that these were used by more then the HJ. Hiscoll is selling an armband and book set that are to the police.

Attachments

I concentrate solely on the Hitler Youth as far as regulations etc are concerned but Wim Saris has a lot of information related to other party formations and may well be able to provide more detail on the SA and Police medical armbands of this period.

I do not know out-of-heart if the armband with Lebensrune was worn by SA (they had this symbol as symbol upon patches
since mid 1937). At the arm the medical SA did wear the white armband with red cross.
I do not know what was done within the police (can't remember ever having seen the Lebensrune worn, but yes the red cross).
Should consult my information, but for that I do not have time yet!

What I know is that in ultimate 1937 vehicles/trucks for the SA (Sanitätskraftfahrzeuge) should have a white circle with the
red Lebensrune at a proper spot. Anyway for the SA. The shown document is for a doctor. Who knows they did wear the armband
likewise, but if this was official for other organizations I don't know?

Note that with early 1936 armbands for the SA did not needed to be stamped anymore!! This is as officially ordered in the
Verordnungsblatt der OSAF.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is a example of the Feldscher armband being worn by an SA man. Certainly looks to have the shape. Caught my eye in the middle of a show on AHC channel. Damn logo!! Man wears one in the back as well. Video is from a Reichsparteitag. This means that these were made and used before the regulation, but probably locally made.

Attachments

Back