Ostpreussenfahrt 1937 HJ Ostfriesland

Thanks Received
Recently I received an e-mail about the following armband from a (trustworthy) guy with whom I did business before.

Ostpreussenfahrt 1937
HJ Ostfriesland

I've never seen this armband before, although I know similar armbands exist (on this forum there are also some examples posted).
Can anyone tell me more about this armband, or the event it was used for?
Most importantly, what can be said about the originality?

Material: seems to be cotton with a sort of 'screen printed' text
Size: 30cm long by 5,5 cm wide (info from the owner).

NB. the owner has given me permission to use his pictures to get more info about the armband.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Here are period so called " MARCH" armbands from my collection , They are made different than the one you posted and show the age . They are also documented in period photos .

Attachments

To date , I have never ever seen any more March armbands , I have seen one photo of a BDM girl with a simular armband worn over her BDM arm insignia . ( photo ) . My guess is most of these armbands 85% were thrown away after the event and the other 14.9% have been lost to time since then . So I feel lucky to have found the album containing 3 armbands with photo proof that they were worn . From the photos , it looks like the HJ wore them on the right sleeves for the duration of the march and the celebration/rallies that proceded it .

Attachments

Thanks a lot for the info!

The armband looks indeed quite new. Although the owner told me in the item describtion that the armband has some stains and dirt on it.
Can't really tell that from the pictures though. He is going to send me the armband for further inspection, so I will post more pictures later.

On the other hand, the armbands in the pictures show extreme wear. I mean, in accordance with what Joe says, they were probably only worn once, for a couple of days or so. So I wouldn't expect that much wear. Especially if they were stored are put away immediatelly after the event.

Anyway thanks for the info, and i'll try to post some more pictures later.

Some of these marches took a week or longer ... example the annual Adolf Hitler March . These armbands would get grime and sweat stained after the first few days , add to that over 70 years of ageing. Believe me when I tell you 99.99% have been destroyed or lost to history . When you get your armband check it with a black UV light and do a burn test for starters . Then post clear good photos .

yes and the armbands have and have had celotape on them also witch is showing as a yellow staining! they are also light coloured+ 7 decades of time they have yellowed this is why imho, no question on Joes photo album group, and he should sell it on to me,,, imho of course! :pound:

HAHAHAHA , I will .............................SOMEDAY my friend .
yes and the armbands have and have had celotape on them also witch is showing as a yellow staining! they are also light coloured+ 7 decades of time they have yellowed this is why imho, no question on Joes photo album group, and he should sell it on to me,,, imho of course! :pound:

Back