Printed Hitler Youth armband.

Thanks Received
Hi everyone,

(First of all my apologies for my bad English !)

I have my collection expanded with HJ because this is very interesting.

can you guys please help me with this armband what I bought from a dealer who gives 100% guarantee it's real.
After i read al the threads on this forum about printed armbands i still doubt about it.

can you guys please give you opinion ? Thanks

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi and welcome to the forum.

which threads did you read?
What does the dealer give as his reason for believing that this armband is authentic?
Who is the dealer?

Thanks.

I have read this thread http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f77/lets-talk-about-printed-hj-armbands-6800/
After reading this thread i begin to doubt about the authentic. The printed armband was forbidden in the RZM period (my armband have no RZM tag)
When I saw the picture of early HJ people with printed armand, my doubt has increased.

I have bought the armband at this dealer Military Antiques Holland2
He guaranteed 100% authenticity because he always checks under uv light (in my opinion, this is not always evidence)

I hope you guys can tell me more.

I bet the dealer says that's 'late-war production'. If he does, ask him to show you a refrence for that, something in black and white from before 1946.

That dealer lists an H.J. Flieger uniform that is a put together item with mismatching insignia. Common practice among dealers that know very little about the H.J.. They just throw a triangle and some straps on the shirt from any Bann that's cheap and easy to find and list the items as "genuine" or "original". Yes maybe genuine or original parts but put together well after the war, possibly even last week.

I had my doubts already about the dealer because he says everything to recognize authenticity with a uv light ?
This was for me the first time a have buy from this dealer at a show. (

But,... what do you guys think of the armband ?

When you observe attentively the backside of this armband, we see clearly that the used cloth is recent. I don't like it !

The same as this dealer here, who also claims that if it passes the UV test it is original.
He (World Waugh Militaria) is registered here as well, but packed his toys a while ago.

100% original.
Stitching passes the Ultra violet light test.

ITEM LINK, images below

Attachments

Hello Jo,

it's a pity for this Militaria dealer because he also has original items on his website ! Nonetheless we must remain objective.

Hello Jo,

it's a pity for this Militaria dealer because he also has original items on his website
Yes, like item 50117: LINK

Hitler Youth Doble sided car pennant (3)
A Hitler Youth Doble sided car pennant. Three piece one side and three piece and embroided on the second side. Both sides are stitched together and it has the Hitler youth vehicle motif on one side embroided with eagle swastika and reef in the HJ diamond. Strengthened support sleeve passes the ultra violet stitching test. Very well constructed. Another item I have never seen in all my years of collecting. This also comes from my extensive collection.

Code: 50117Price: 155.00 GBP

Attachments

Thank you guys for your response.

My feeling in combination with you doubt says to me that probably the armband is not authentic..

The dealer give money back guaranteed but i think i keep the armband for further research, i really want to check if the armband is original.

Wow just looked at the prices! 80 GBP for an H.J. armband! Even if it was a good example that price is silly high.

Hello Darin,

The prices for militaria in Great Britain are widely overpriced that nowhere else! I don't understand why !

Hello Darin,

The prices for militaria in Great Britain are widely overpriced that nowhere else! I don't understand why !

Hello Eric,
I think there is a thought process there that dates back to the war. British troops were forbidden to bring items back from the war and threatened with punishment if found to have items in their possession upon return. Many British troops threw items overboard from ships into the sea. I think this attitude makes the sellers there believe the items have more value possibly. You are correct, I have noted that sellers in the U.K. often prices items very high. Not all U.K. dealers do this but many of them do.

Hi Darin,

except Toby Rowan, I have never seen competitive prices in the UK.
As regards the market in Europe, the cheapest militaria is in Italy.
In France, we are fortunate to have reasonable prices but the quality and authenticity can be very disappointing.
I don't think that a HJ armband costs more than € 80 now, that's just my opinion!

the cheapest militaria is in Italy.
? When i look at sites like MYMILITARIA, that stock 50% fakes and fantasy, at astronomical prices, i must say that i cant agree.
Maybe you have special Italian sites you visit, but the Italian sites i know, are ALL, overpriced :-/

The UK sites, especially those on the lazy concept-500 server, are also all overpriced, some of the way overpriced!! In general though, the UK sites are fleecing.

Almost identical flag, almost same size, $195.- in USA, but in the UK nearly 400 USD.

Attachments

Back