Printed Hitler Youth armband.

... and just how do you plan on doing this?

I never do something away out of my collection before I know for sure, it is fake. I will continue looking and talk to people until I know for sure whether this armband is real or fake !!! This is what i love on this hobby.

I started my hobby with collecting NSDAP party badge, i have 25 badge which 5 badges of them where I knew not sure if they are real. I have always keep the 5 badges because I enjoy it to further investigate of this. After a few years there came a book called "party badge" on the market (from Jo Rivett) :thumbup:
That book is so awesome that i have discovered that 3 of the 5 badges are real !!! (your book is awesome)

I hope in the future to find out whether the armband is real or fake !

I never do something away out of my collection before I know for sure, it is fake. I will continue looking and talk to people until I know for sure whether this armband is real or fake !!! This is what i love on this hobby.

I started my hobby with collecting NSDAP party badge, i have 25 badge which 5 badges of them where I knew not sure if they are real. I have always keep the 5 badges because I enjoy it to further investigate of this. After a few years there came a book called "party badge" on the market (from Jo Rivett) :thumbup:
That book is so awesome that i have discovered that 3 of the 5 badges are real !!! (your book is awesome)

I hope in the future to find out whether the armband is real or fake !

Hi raesi1,
unless there is something very obviously modern on that armband you will never know whether it is authentic or fake no matter how long you search or however many people you ask. What is important is a good understanding of the history and regulations regarding the HJ armband (this is the correct militaria forum for that) because this will enable you to make a case for your armband being "real". Why is that important? Because if you buy it that is what you will have to do whenever you show it on a forum. You said that you were going to ask other people for their opinions so its important they can answer this question first:

when (during the Third Reich) were printed HJ armbands produced?

If they say "late-war when there was a shortage of materials" ask them to show you some proof. They won't be able to. Ignore their opinion about your armband.

In my opinion the armband you showed in post 1 is junk but even if it were authentic you will always find yourself trying to explain it. We know that the HJ were able to buy printed armbands in the early 1930's so they definitely did exist and they definitely were worn. Whether individual pieces that turn up today are from that period is always going to be very difficult to prove.

As Crack says, the existence of printed HJ armbands in the early 1930s is a verifiable fact. The production of printed HJ armbands in the late-war period is a logical possibility but one that has yet to be proven. I have to say that I don't like the armband in post #1 either.

I know that Toby suffered a loss in his family not long ago. I've read on another forum that he is still responsive to emails but have not heard much about his site. Perhaps just taking a break, I think the militaria was not his primary income more of a secondary thing possibly.

....your book is awesome
Free advertising.. i l♥ve it :swiss
Cheers, and i hope you get your moneys worth out of "The Mighty Tome"

@Darin, cheers, yes a break does good, i shall be taking one myself as soon as the wife is out of Hospital, getting back to writing and maybe even fix the garden.. weathers good why not, we`ll see.

Back