Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wow just looked at the prices! 80 GBP for an HJ armband! Even if it was a good example that price is silly high.

Please login to view user info
    Thank you guys for your response.

My feeling in combination with you doubt says to me that probably the armband is not authentic..

The dealer give money back guaranteed but i think i keep the armband for further research, i really want to check if the armband is original.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Wow just looked at the prices! 80 GBP for an HJ armband! Even if it was a good example that price is silly high.
    Hello Darin,

The prices for militaria in Great Britain are widely overpriced that nowhere else! I don't understand why !

Quote Originally Posted by WIDUKIND View Post
    Hello Darin,

The prices for militaria in Great Britain are widely overpriced that nowhere else! I don't understand why !
    In the Netherlands the price for this type armband is about € 90 !!! (Also overpriced)

Hello Darin,

Hello Eric,
    I think there is a thought process there that dates back to the war. British troops were forbidden to bring items back from the war and threatened with punishment if found to have items in their possession upon return. Many British troops threw items overboard from ships into the sea. I think this attitude makes the sellers there believe the items have more value possibly. You are correct, I have noted that sellers in the U.K. often prices items very high. Not all U.K. dealers do this but many of them do.

Hi Darin,

except Toby Rowan, I have never seen competitive prices in the UK.
    As regards the market in Europe, the cheapest militaria is in Italy.
    In France, we are fortunate to have reasonable prices but the quality and authenticity can be very disappointing.
    I don't think that a HJ armband costs more than € 80 now, that's just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by raesi01 View Post
    i really want to check if the armband is original.
    ... and just how do you plan on doing this?

the cheapest militaria is in Italy.
    ? When i look at sites like MYMILITARIA, that stock 50% fakes and fantasy, at astronomical prices, i must say that i cant agree.
    Maybe you have special Italian sites you visit, but the Italian sites i know, are ALL, overpriced :-/

The UK sites, especially those on the lazy concept-500 server, are also all overpriced, some of the way overpriced!! In general though, the UK sites are fleecing.

Jo, I don't like either "Mymilitaria", I prefer Rbnr militaria

Almost identical flag, almost same size, $195.- in USA, but in the UK nearly 400 USD.

aqw2233.JPG a112.JPG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast