Printed Hitler Youth HJ armband - real or fake?

Thanks Received
Hi! I own this HJ printed armband. Could you tell me if this is real or fake? Thanks for your attention.

Andrea

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The thread at the link below is excellent - All you need to know about printed armbands. You have to be a Fulll Member to read it though which reminds me, must renew my subscription soon :)

www.hj-research.com/forum/f130/printed-hitler-youth-armbands-truth-5684/

Very essentially (the article is detailed), period documentary evidence proves that printed armbands existed but only in the early period. I would suggest the age-old UV and thread burn test as a starting point for your armband.

Thank you very much for the informations but it's still very hard to understand if it's real or not. What is this burn test?

The burn test would involve taking a single thread from the weave and burning it. If the thread has polyester a modern plastic material in it, the thread will melt into a ball. If the thread burns to nothing but ash it is natural materials. Keep in mind that stocks of old thread and cloth are still around so this test is not the end all for authenticating items, but is one tool that helps.

you see some printed volksturm armbands with this material,maybe this is made late war,.burn test will tell alot

Back