Printed HJ armbands

Thanks Paul. I'll send him an email to keep a lookout for one. I've bought several items from him in the past.

Regards

Russ

Here's a printed one I got stuck with. Some of the members on a another forum say it's good, but I have my doubts. Never, ever seen a period photo and nobody can cite a regulation for this one. It's multi piece in regard to the strip, and the lettering and eagle are printed. It glows pretty well under blacklight, but burns okay. I didn't disagree with them, because it's like that old game whack a mole, you stick your head up and get smacked down with a club. :eek::001_unsure:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
darin for some reason i like it very much,because of the fact that it is problaby a late war piece and the printing was done in haste,but most importantly if you like it and you are happy with it then it's OK.

Hi Daren

I`m with Patrick .... I like it too .

I like it too, but I have to admit that I have never seen it.

It makes sense to be printed being the last few months of the war. having said that, is there any pic somewhere showing this one?

Regards

Antonio

Thanks for the opinions guys. I just have a hard time getting past the blacklight glow thing. I guess I should be a little kinder to this armband for now, it's just crumpled up in a ziploc bag in a drawer!

Darin the armband is still nice to display and it represents the very late stages of the war,where HJ had to fight off the rusky's with panzerfausts and so on.

not really a printed armband in the real sense of the word, this armband has the symbol area added, while the printed ones are all one piece

But the swastika is printed on this one. What do you think about it?
Just few weeks ago we discussed on another forum about a very similar armband with a very fake stamp added. the owner is a member also here, maybe I should ask him to post it here. We were both convinced it was not a good one

I agree on this with garry and the other. I have seen one once. The owner was an old man and told me he was in the volksturm. He said it was his own. I thougt I could believe him...

further , I like it a lot....:thumbup:

But the swastika is printed on this one. What do you think about it?
Just few weeks ago we discussed on another forum about a very similar armband with a very fake stamp added. the owner is a member also here, maybe I should ask him to post it here. We were both convinced it was not a good one

Dear Zeller,
here it is, hope it can be usefull to this thread.

Max

Attachments

A stamp like this on an HJ armband is always cause for worry as such stamps were prohibited by regulation (as was the type of construction with printed swastika patch as seen on the WAF armband).

ref the blacklight Darin it is only a partial test and the fact that something glows in no way means it is bad as there are different reactions to many things with the blacklight. I use it mainly for threads to much variation testing anything else unless you have a control item. This armband was made in the millions last ditch and very little will comply to the norm

the stamp on the hj is totally bogus never happened no reason to stamp these

On the UV test I agree with you guys. Some people regularly use it to test postcards and pictures, but I can tell you that I have some repro cards printed 10 years ago not glowing!

Greetings All,

I just purchased a printed armband that was lined with a white cotton material. It shows some age and pin holes all along the edges where some thing had been pinned to it.
The white thread used in sewing the lining material glows. Nothing else does. Can I get some opinions? Thanks.

Fred

Attachments

Back