Small Size HJ Armband with round backing patch

Thanks Received
Hi

Opinions welcome for this small Size Armband 13x8 cm with standard HK
Thanks

Best Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Or for a children NS Style uniform because of the very small size(sorry ,it difficult to explain in english,i hope you will understand what i mean !!)

The armband was also from me. I bought it at a flea market,
because I had seen the armband in one of the Angolia books.
From a copy I did not go out, because the processing was very good.
A UV light there was not.
Best Regards

The fakes of these do not glow under a UV light. They are very rare and I have only see. One that is original IMO.... The inky reason that I think that is because the same armband is worn in a period photo from the same estate. The stripes on ones in pictures are thinner but I have seen thicker ones like this. Just can't be certain.... Which is why I am going to say fake as there is a greater chance of this.

Seems that an nonstandard armband like the above was used but still the stripe size is off and the materials are bad. Either way interesting....

Admin Edit in 2017 to add a link to another photo showing this roundel armband type in wear:

Hitler Youth armband with roundel 1931 Colditz

Attachments

No no no... sorry this photo must be "photoshopped". No way is this design ever been "hitler youth". I have never seen any other HJ armband than the usual one that we all know. Even very early photos from 1928 show the HJ armband design we all know. Not with roundel like this one in the photo but with the square.

And I also have this photo. Sure he could just be using his father's armband or such but still something for consideration IMO. It lacks the stripe though. This one is pre 1933, not sure of the exact year....

Attachments

thank you for your response KB. These evidences however do not make this strange armband "Hitler Youth". If a boy wore blue socks with his Hitler Youth uniform that does not make them "Hitler Youth". That makes them "worn by a Hitler Youth". Further examination and comparison with other blue socks will not lead to meaningful answers I fear.

Trommeller is right. Although the blue socks make it sound a bit ridiculouse, but he is right in the end. So lets look at it like this:

If I want to sell my grandfathers personal winter cap which he wore with the membership pin (wich was stolen from him by a GI when he was arrested in April 1945) I can offer prove on old photos of him wearing it, and he is still able to write so he could make a statement to this also, but does it make the lovely item a genuine HJ item? For me it will always be one, because my grandfather said..., but to others? :001_unsure:

That is the way one has to look at it. There is nothing in the book (not in any book) about this Armband, no (before 1945) written explaination no clear fotos and clues. So this might have been worn by someone before 1945, maybe even some HJ-member, maybe in an occupied area even, and so on. But there is no proof to that yet.:nono:

Attachments

I will correct what I said and say that either way it was used by a Hitler Youth, bit wasn't standard wear. Not sure where the faker on the OP's armband got the idea, but still something like it existed. Either way I figured it was a good period photo to show.

Back